0.6.32 release?

Ladislav Michl
Hi,

its been a while since last release and there is no git activity either.
What about just releasing 0.6.32 to indicate both, code is rock solid
and noone feels need to work on it anymore?

(tried to use Android phones for a couple of weeks, but I'm not in the
mood suffering from all these glitches there, I just want to make calls.
Therefore having release I could build gnome phone manager against would
be nice - then I could sync my new/old nokia again flawlessly ;-))

Best regards,
        ladis

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Roberto Verzola
Same here...

> Hi,
>
> its been a while since last release and there is no git activity either.
> What about just releasing 0.6.32 to indicate both, code is rock solid
> and noone feels need to work on it anymore?
>
> (tried to use Android phones for a couple of weeks, but I'm not in the
> mood suffering from all these glitches there, I just want to make calls.
> Therefore having release I could build gnome phone manager against would
> be nice - then I could sync my new/old nokia again flawlessly ;-))
>
> Best regards,
> ladis

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Pawel Kot
Hi Ladis,

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:59 AM Ladislav Michl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> its been a while since last release and there is no git activity either.
> What about just releasing 0.6.32 to indicate both, code is rock solid
> and noone feels need to work on it anymore?

I think there are still some patches pending yet. Like this one:

I can try to remind myself how to do the release though :)

Cheers,
Paweł

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Ladislav Michl
On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 03:59:02PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> Hi Ladis,
>
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:59 AM Ladislav Michl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > its been a while since last release and there is no git activity either.
> > What about just releasing 0.6.32 to indicate both, code is rock solid
> > and noone feels need to work on it anymore?
>
> I think there are still some patches pending yet. Like this one:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2017-05/msg00002.html

Just addressed. Any more?

> I can try to remind myself how to do the release though :)

I thought this is going to be the biggest problem writing this proposal :)

        ladis

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Roberto Verzola
Nokia has released a 3310 look-alike. Has anybody tried it with gnokii?
Greetings to all,

Roberto V.

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 03:59:02PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
>> Hi Ladis,
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:59 AM Ladislav Michl <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > its been a while since last release and there is no git activity
>> either.
>> > What about just releasing 0.6.32 to indicate both, code is rock solid
>> > and noone feels need to work on it anymore?
>>
>> I think there are still some patches pending yet. Like this one:
>> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2017-05/msg00002.html
>
> Just addressed. Any more?
>
>> I can try to remind myself how to do the release though :)
>
> I thought this is going to be the biggest problem writing this proposal :)
>
> ladis

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Ladislav Michl
On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 07:41:42AM -0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> Nokia has released a 3310 look-alike. Has anybody tried it with gnokii?
> Greetings to all,

Well, those HMD Global phones are like VW New Beetle (straight not flat
engine, water not air cooled, driving front not rear wheels). From long
enough distance they are similar cars :-)

Here you need to be more precise about exact phone model, Nokia 3310 (2017)
in 2G is using Series 30+ which is technically unrelated to Series 30.
Other models might even use Kaios which is basically Boot to Gecko.

> Roberto V.
>
> > On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 03:59:02PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> >> Hi Ladis,

> >> either.
> >>
> >> I think there are still some patches pending yet. Like this one:
> >> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2017-05/msg00002.html
> >
> > Just addressed. Any more?
> >
> >> I can try to remind myself how to do the release though :)
> >
> > I thought this is going to be the biggest problem writing this proposal :)
> >
> > ladis

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Pawel Kot

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:30 AM Ladislav Michl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 03:59:02PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:59 AM Ladislav Michl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > its been a while since last release and there is no git activity either.
> > > What about just releasing 0.6.32 to indicate both, code is rock solid
> > > and noone feels need to work on it anymore?
> >
> > I think there are still some patches pending yet. Like this one:
> > http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2017-05/msg00002.html
>
> Just addressed. Any more?

Oh, but there was a patch in the thread there. It was just not confirmed by OP :)

> > I can try to remind myself how to do the release though :)
>
> I thought this is going to be the biggest problem writing this proposal :)

I think I still can manage it :) Need to check whether are there any other changes not pushed upstream. [hidden email] - anything you have in the queue?

Cheers,
Paweł
--
Pawel Kot

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Pawel Kot

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:42 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Nokia has released a 3310 look-alike. Has anybody tried it with gnokii?
> Greetings to all,

I have considered an idea of buying it but eventually haven't bought it.

Cheers,
Paweł
--
Pawel Kot

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Daniele Forsi-2
Hi Pawel

> @Daniele Forsi - anything you have in the queue?

nothing, you can proceed

--
Daniele Forsi

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Ladislav Michl
On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 10:16:12AM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:30 AM Ladislav Michl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 03:59:02PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> either.
> > >
> > > I think there are still some patches pending yet. Like this one:
> > > http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2017-05/msg00002.html
> >
> > Just addressed. Any more?
>
> Oh, but there was a patch in the thread there. It was just not confirmed by
> OP :)

Aaa, now I see it ("Can you please try the *attached* patch and say
whether it works for you?" in your reply, enmphasis mine ;-)). Well,
I did just a quick look originally and expected inline patch. And as
nothing was there...

Anyway, I'm considering my change easier to read, but you are the
maintainer ;-)

> > > I can try to remind myself how to do the release though :)
> >
> > I thought this is going to be the biggest problem writing this proposal :)
>
> I think I still can manage it :) Need to check whether are there any other
> changes not pushed upstream. @Daniele Forsi <[hidden email]> - anything
> you have in the queue?

Perhaps I should take opportunity and verify win32 stuff, which I'll be able
to do next week.

        ladis

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Fabrizio Gennari
Would it be a good idea to repair Win32 build before releasing?
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8934 is a patch that does that

Il 09-11-18 13:11, Ladislav Michl ha scritto:

> On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 10:16:12AM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
>> Hi,

>> either.
>>> Just addressed. Any more?
>> Oh, but there was a patch in the thread there. It was just not confirmed by
>> OP :)
> Aaa, now I see it ("Can you please try the *attached* patch and say
> whether it works for you?" in your reply, enmphasis mine ;-)). Well,
> I did just a quick look originally and expected inline patch. And as
> nothing was there...
>
> Anyway, I'm considering my change easier to read, but you are the
> maintainer ;-)

>>> I thought this is going to be the biggest problem writing this proposal :)
>> I think I still can manage it :) Need to check whether are there any other
>> changes not pushed upstream. @Daniele Forsi <[hidden email]> - anything
>> you have in the queue?
> Perhaps I should take opportunity and verify win32 stuff, which I'll be able
> to do next week.
>
> ladis

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Ladislav Michl
On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 09:19:23PM +0100, Fabrizio Gennari wrote:
> Would it be a good idea to repair Win32 build before releasing?
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8934 is a patch that does that

Well, these should be splitted and polished first. I'll try to
add comments on savannah patch page.

        Thanks.

Re: 0.6.32 release?

Ladislav Michl
On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 01:11:31PM +0100, Ladislav Michl wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 10:16:12AM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > Hi,

> > either.

> > > Just addressed. Any more?
> >
> > Oh, but there was a patch in the thread there. It was just not confirmed by
> > OP :)
>
> Aaa, now I see it ("Can you please try the *attached* patch and say
> whether it works for you?" in your reply, enmphasis mine ;-)). Well,
> I did just a quick look originally and expected inline patch. And as
> nothing was there...
>
> Anyway, I'm considering my change easier to read, but you are the
> maintainer ;-)

Just tested patch with 2x Nokia C2-00 and made it ready for 'git am' ;-)

> > > I thought this is going to be the biggest problem writing this proposal :)
> >
> > I think I still can manage it :) Need to check whether are there any other
> > changes not pushed upstream. @Daniele Forsi <[hidden email]> - anything
> > you have in the queue?
>
> Perhaps I should take opportunity and verify win32 stuff, which I'll be able
> to do next week.

Meanwhile Fabrizio Gennari posted bunch of fixes to patch tracker. I would be
happy if anyone else could review them.

        ladis