0.9.9 Released!

David Bjergaard-2
Hi All,

I just published the 0.9.9 release:
https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/releases

Here's News:
  -  New module system based on asdf modules
  -  contrib-dir is no more, now the module-dir sets the default place
     to look for modules, otherwise the user must add modules to the
     load-path.
  -  Updated manual (sections on writing modules, using modules, the new
     color engine, and pedagogical docs for stumpwm's terminology)
  -  Ability to refresh-heads if a monitor is unplugged by the RandR
     request is hijacked by another program (ie unity-settings-daemon on
     recent Ubuntu releases
  -  Added a way to modify the numpad hack for non-standard layouts so
     that numpad support is complete
  -  Fixed various crashes (notably UTF8-TO-STRING in CLISP, and a crash
     when a stumpwm::frame was nil)
  -  Added XF86AudioMicMute to the keysym list
  -  Fixed bug where defining keys on the top map of groups had no
     effect
  -  Decoupled font rendering so that it could be handled by modules
     implementing ttf support.
  -  Various bugfixes and tweaks.
  -  Added partial support for pasting utf8 strings into stumpwm message
     boxes (they won't be rendered properly, but they'll get sent onto
     the application call)
  -  Fixed various issues with java windows
  -  Fixed an issue with mplayer and its descendants crashing stumpwm
     when started full screen in CLISP.

Enjoy!

    Dave

Re: 0.9.9 Released!

Eric Abrahamsen-2
David Bjergaard <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I just published the 0.9.9 release:
> https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/releases

Very cool! Many thanks to David and all who contributed!

Re: 0.9.9 Released!

Jay Belanger-2

> I just published the 0.9.9 release:
> https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/releases
>
> Here's News:

Fantastic; thanks!

(Also, stumpwm.asd lists the version as 0.9.8)

I just installed this; works like a charm.

Re: 0.9.9 Released!

David Bjergaard
Jay Belanger <[hidden email]> writes:

>> I just published the 0.9.9 release:
>> https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/releases
>>
>> Here's News:
>
> Fantastic; thanks!
>
> (Also, stumpwm.asd lists the version as 0.9.8)
>
> I just installed this; works like a charm.
Annoyingly, I was working on some last minute changes (to the manual,
and incrementing the version to 0.9.9) and I overwrote them. I didn't
catch this until it was too late... Ironic because it happened in the
last release too.

    Dave