1.5 release plan

Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Hi there,

is there any plan to release the version 1.5?

The Debian has an ftbfs (fails to build from source) issue:

I checked the build log, but looks like all affected part of code
had fixed in current master, so the version 1.5 builds as well
with gcc10.

If the new version will come, we don't need to make any backport
patch (this affects only the Debian Sid, if the new version will
released, we can upload it and problem will solved).

Thanks, 73:
Ervin

Re: 1.5 release plan

Thomas Beierlein-4
Hi Ervin,

Am Sat, 18 Apr 2020 20:59:20 +0200
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs <[hidden email]>:

> Hi there,
>
> is there any plan to release the version 1.5?

thanks for the question.

I think an 1.5 is not quite ready. But besides the GCC-10 fixes there
are some useful things in the actual code.

I think best would be a tlf-1.4.1 version with the actual code.
That should be doable in the coming one or two weeks.

Would that fit in Debian time frame?

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea

Re: 1.5 release plan

Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Hi Thomas,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 06:28:01PM +0200, Thomas Beierlein wrote:

> Am Sat, 18 Apr 2020 20:59:20 +0200
> schrieb Ervin Hegedüs <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > is there any plan to release the version 1.5?
> >
> I think an 1.5 is not quite ready. But besides the GCC-10 fixes there
> are some useful things in the actual code.
>
> I think best would be a tlf-1.4.1 version with the actual code.
> That should be doable in the coming one or two weeks.

ah - sorry, I just checked the current master version, and I saw
it's 1.5-git. It doesn't count the exact version number :).

> Would that fit in Debian time frame?

I think that would - I'll write to reporter.

73, Ervin

Re: 1.5 release plan

Juanjo EA8BGO
Hello everyone.

I would like or appreciate that in the next revision it is not heard every time a DX station is announced in the Cluster. It is annoying and I end up turning off the speakers.

Best regards,
Juanjo
EA8BGO

El dom., 19 abr. 2020 a las 18:42, Ervin Hegedüs (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi Thomas,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 06:28:01PM +0200, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Am Sat, 18 Apr 2020 20:59:20 +0200
> schrieb Ervin Hegedüs <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > is there any plan to release the version 1.5?
> >
> I think an 1.5 is not quite ready. But besides the GCC-10 fixes there
> are some useful things in the actual code.
>
> I think best would be a tlf-1.4.1 version with the actual code.
> That should be doable in the coming one or two weeks.

ah - sorry, I just checked the current master version, and I saw
it's 1.5-git. It doesn't count the exact version number :).

> Would that fit in Debian time frame?

I think that would - I'll write to reporter.

73, Ervin

Re: 1.5 release plan

Thomas Beierlein-4
Hi Juanjo,

it is not TLF that produces that beeps. It is coming from your dx
cluster connection. On most of these cluster systems you can configure
to get a beep on DX or not.

See for something like 'UNSET/BEEP' or similar. Most cluster software
does remember your settings. So you have to turn the beeps off yourself.

Please try it and report back.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

 Am

--