150 PR waiting

Christophe Battarel

There are 150 pending opened pull requests; how can we solve this problem ?

it's kind of lottery when you submit a PR, sometimes it is merged quickly, sometimes it remains open, sometimes you have a comment and it stops here even if you do what is in the comment...

it's pretty tough to be cool with it since the problem exists for such long time.

if we want the developers to come and stay with dolibarr, we should improve the process.

but how ?

is it possible to organize an online meeting with eldy and other "mergers" (who are ?) to discuss about this point with all interested people ?

or to discuss on the forum or discord or where you want ?

Best regards

Christophe

Re: 150 PR waiting

Mickaël PENHARD
Hi,

Like my other answer on your previous question « [Dolibarr-dev] computed values in extrafields » :

But yes make this open source projet, really open will be great, but doesn't seem like possible as far as I can see, since I try to open the discussion for probably more than 6month now.

Regards,
Mickaël PENHARD

Le jeu. 11 juil. 2019 à 17:22, Christophe Battarel <[hidden email]> a écrit :

There are 150 pending opened pull requests; how can we solve this problem ?

it's kind of lottery when you submit a PR, sometimes it is merged quickly, sometimes it remains open, sometimes you have a comment and it stops here even if you do what is in the comment...

it's pretty tough to be cool with it since the problem exists for such long time.

if we want the developers to come and stay with dolibarr, we should improve the process.

but how ?

is it possible to organize an online meeting with eldy and other "mergers" (who are ?) to discuss about this point with all interested people ?

or to discuss on the forum or discord or where you want ?

Best regards

Christophe

Re: 150 PR waiting

Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)

Take a look at the chapter "Pull Requests" in the file CONTRIBUTING.
This is extract:

Once a PR has been submitted, you may need to wait for its integration. It is common that the project leader let the PR open for a long delay to allow every developer discuss about the PR.

If your PR has errors reported by the Continuous Integration Platform, it means your PR is not valid and nothing will be done with it. It will be kept open to allow developers to fix this, or it may be closed several month later. Don't expect anything on your PR if you have such errors, you MUST first fix the Continuous Integration error to have it taken into consideration.

If the PR is valid, and is kept open for a long time, a tag will also be added on the PR to describe the status of your PR and why the PR is kept open. By putting your mouse on the tag, you will get a full explanation of the tag/status that explain why your PR has not been integrated yet.
In most cases, it give you information of things you have to do to have the PR taken into consideration (for example a change is requested, a conflict is expected to be solved, some questions were asked). If you have a yellow, red flag of purple flag, don't expect to have your PR validated. You must first provide the answer the flag ask you. The majority of PR are waiting a developer action.

Around 95% of submitted PR are reviewed and tagged. Even if this is one of the most important ratio of answered PR in Open Source world, don't expect the core team to reach the 100%. With the increasing popularity of Dolibarr, this ratio will probably decrease in future.

Google+: https://plus.google.com/+LaurentDestailleur-Open-Source-Expert/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Destailleur.Laurent
* Dolibarr (Project leader): https://www.dolibarr.org (make a donation for Dolibarr project via Paypal: [hidden email])
* AWStats (Author) : http://awstats.sourceforge.net (make a donation for AWStats project via Paypal: [hidden email])