A complete working binary for Windows

Ant_222
Hello, all

The Windows-specific readme[1] for rdiff-backup says:

   To install the provided binary, simply copy rdiff-
   backup.exe to someplace in your PATH. Everything is
   included in the binary (including Python) for local
   operation.

But can't seem to find that binary.  Is the information
obsolete?

Re: A complete working binary for Windows

Patrik Dufresne-2
Hello Anton,

For rdiff-backup 1.2.8 and 1.3.3 The binaries are still available here:
https://bigsearcher.com/mirrors/nongnu/rdiff-backup/
Scroll download and look for filename with win32.

But take note, those binaries are a bit old and doesn't contains contains
all the patches that you could find in Debian package as an example.
For that I've create a separate project for my own need where I recompile
rdiff-backup for windows with the patches.  Those binaries are available
here: http://www.patrikdufresne.com/archive/rdiff-backup/

As for the recent changes made to rdiff-backup on github, we still doesn't
have a windows build for this. I'm currently working on a branche to
provide a Windows build here:
https://github.com/ikus060/rdiff-backup/tree/develop/patrik/appveyor

I hope it clarify the situation for you

--