AES file location in linphone desktop

Devhils19
Hello I want to secure VoIP communication by implementing SRTP on my
cellphone. As we know, the SRTP encryption method that can be used is AES.
To use this method, should we install the SRTP module into a separate
cellphone? If it already exists, where is the location of the file that
defines the implementation of the AES function?

Best Regards,
Hilman

--
Sent from: http://nongnu.13855.n7.nabble.com/linphone-developers-f38648.html

Re: AES file location in linphone desktop

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

I did not fully understand what you need.

->Do you want to use SRTP on your cellphone with Linphone ?

In this case you can enable it in settings > call.

->Do you want to create a custom app with SRTP ?

->If you are searching for the code, just browse SRTP repository, it's open source

Please give us some context and some precisions to your question, so we could eventually give you a better answer.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 22/04/2020 à 11:56, Devhils19 a écrit :
Hello I want to secure VoIP communication by implementing SRTP on my
cellphone. As we know, the SRTP encryption method that can be used is AES.
To use this method, should we install the SRTP module into a separate
cellphone? If it already exists, where is the location of the file that
defines the implementation of the AES function?

Best Regards,
Hilman

--
Sent from: http://nongnu.13855.n7.nabble.com/linphone-developers-f38648.html

Re: AES file location in linphone desktop

Devhils19
Sorry for the lack of clarity in my question. This one related to my previous question.

I want to use SRTP in linphone console built from source. Then I want to make a small modification to the AES encryption method used in SRTP. This caused me to find the location of the AES code used. But I don't know where is the location. I want to use SRTP without TLS.

Thank you very for the advice you given.

On Wed, 22 Apr 2020, 17:13 Peio Rigaux, <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

First of all, clone the Linphone-SDK :

- git clone https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-sdk --recursive [--jobs 12]

SRTP code is in external/srtp

Then follow the build advices of the SDK Readme

You will need atleast this in your linphonerc file to enable SRTP and use either UDP or TCP :

[sip]

media_encryption=srtp

[proxy_default_values]

reg_proxy=<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="sip:[proxy];transport=[udportcp]"><sip:[proxy];transport=[udp or tcp]>

This link should help to to set the right SRTP crypto suite

I'm not familiar with SRTP's code and It's integration in Linphone, so I can't help you more.

The linphonerc files are not officially documented yet. We are working on it.

Thanks for your interest in Linphone.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer