well, I tried but even after using the exact command, it still works to search for domains.
Search for “microsoft.com” and the answer will be “Too many response”
Search for “matthias.mayer” and the answer will be 3 responses
I know the responses like, gmx.de, yahoo.de, do not work but the problem is still not solved, because it’s still possible to look for domains L
Try out the server
running at sks.dnsalias.net. It
should have support for exact searches now. Right now it's
case-sensitive, though that's easy to change, or to make configurable.
On 8/11/05, Yaron Minsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hmm. That's a bug, I guess. The thing to do when you're
looking for exact is to implement a filter of the kind I described. I'll
take a look at it eventually, but it will likely take me a while to get
to. I'll happily accept a patch, though...
thanx a lot for your idea, I managed to check if the request is a mail address. It needed indeed some changes in the code, I had to use a filter over the results. Problem is: It slows down the request very much, but I guess I have to live with that.
But now I got another question:
SKS uses more or less the same commands like PKS. Within PKS you got the possibility to extend the request with "&options=exact" which would solve all my problems. While checking the source code I found that there is a parameter like that in SKS (&exact=on). Correct me if I am wrong, but this command doesn't change anything, does it? Will this be used in the next version?
It would require a code change. Probably the right thing to do is search first using the keywords in the email address, and then filter down to things that match the email address precisely.
I look for a solution, to search only by an eMail Address.
It should only be possible, to get search results, if you commit a correct MailAddress. It must not be possible
Sks-devel mailing list
Right, so this doesn't fix the "Too Many Responses" issue. If the underlying query has too many answers, then the extra exact filter on top won't change anything. It's a configuration variable (set by default to 500), but it can be raised. As for the Matthias.Mayer query, you clearly didn't search sks.dnsalias.net, since that machine has only one entry for "matthias.mayer", and goes to zero when you specify exact.
In any case, this doesn't solve the deep problem of making all exact queries efficient.
On 8/15/05, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sks-devel mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|