AXIOM

Salvatore Gambino

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

Dear Tim Daly,

my name is Salvatore, I'm a student in Mathematics and I would love to install Axiom on my computer.

But I can not, Windows is my computer's operating system.

Why do you make things so complicated?

Hello,

              Salvatore

Re: AXIOM

Henri Tuhola
Hi Salvatore,

Tim didn't make it complicated. Silly people make everything
unnecessarily complicated by not putting any effort to study any of
it.

I have to commend you as you have found the mailing list. You've been
doing great! Keep up the good work.

Guessing, if you have a cheap linux machine or such available for
tinkering, you get it to run axiom fairly easy.

If you have any other questions, such as, how to get what you're
trying to do, eg. some specific math problem. People can help you out
there. To some limit.

-- Henri Tuhola

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 at 16:46, Salvatore Gambino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Inviato da Posta per Windows 10
>
> Dear Tim Daly,
>
> my name is Salvatore, I'm a student in Mathematics and I would love to install Axiom on my computer.
>
> But I can not, Windows is my computer's operating system.
>
> Why do you make things so complicated?
>
> Hello,
>
>               Salvatore

Re: AXIOM

Henri Tuhola
Salvatore,

Those instructions setup an Ubuntu Linux image such that you can run
it. Axiom does not run on Windows as a native program because it's
very old software, and only few people are maintaining it.

Instructions doesn't guarantee that you get it working though. You
might run to a hitch during the setup.

-- Henri Tuhola

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 at 18:03, Salvatore Gambino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Henri,
> Thank you for your answer.
> As already written, I would like to install Axiom on the Windows Operating System.
> Attached I send photos of the steps (many ...) to be able to run Axiom on Windows.
> Is all this, perhaps, simple?
> I do not know LINUX.
> Thanks again for your answer.
> Regards,
>                   Salvatore
> ________________________________

Re: AXIOM

Daniel Herring
Hi Salvatore,

FriCAS is a fork of Axiom that has a Windows download.  It might work for
you.

http://fricas.sourceforge.net/

The Windows Subsystem for Linux might also be able to run Axiom in text
mode, but I have not tried that.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

- Daniel

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018, Salvatore Gambino wrote:

> Inviato da Posta per Windows 10
>
> Dear Tim Daly,
>
> my name is Salvatore, I'm a student in Mathematics and I would love to install Axiom on
> my computer.
>
> But I can not, Windows is my computer's operating system.
>
> Why do you make things so complicated?
>
> Hello,
>
>               Salvatore

Re: AXIOM

Ralf Hemmecke-4
On 12/16/18 5:22 PM, Daniel Herring wrote:
> Hi Salvatore,
>
> FriCAS is a fork of Axiom that has a Windows download.  It might work
> for you.
>
> http://fricas.sourceforge.net/

Note, however, that the windows download is currently some versions
behind the FriCAS Linux build.

Ralf