Abbleton connection on Windows

José Pedro Guimarães
Hello,

I am trying to setup a link between fluidsynth and Ableton Live.
However, fluidsynth's 'noteon' messages are not reaching Ableton Live.
  1. I installed loopMIDI (https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html) and created a port named PortJG
  2. I launch Fluidsynth pointing to this device in the settings
  3. I set Ableton Live inputs to PortJG
  4. I hit a noteon, but Ableton doesn't read any value
imagem.png

imagem.png

imagem.png

imagem.png
Result is nothing being received by Ableton.
Is it that possible I am doing something wrong?

Thank you,
José Pedro Guimarães

Re: Abbleton connection on Windows

fluid-dev mailing list
fluidsynth is a synthesizer, not a MIDI keyboard. The commands that you type
in fluidsynth's shell serve as replacement when you don't have a MIDI keyboard
connected. That is, a 'noteon' triggers a note in fluidsynth's synth engine
only. It does not send MIDI events. That's because all of fluidsynth's MIDI
drivers serve as "input", i.e. they listen for events. They do not send
anything, AFAIK.

Tom