Adding new Tasks-like section to page templates

Adding new Tasks-like section to page templates

Dave Bauer
Can I add a new section under Tasks called Projects? I want to keep the big projects seperate from the things that need to be done. Basically keep a projects/next actions on the same page.

I would want to list regular task lines under Projects and make sure they stay under that heading. Any pointers to existing code or documentation are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

--
Dave Bauer

Re: Adding new Tasks-like section to page templates

John Sullivan-2
(CCing the planner-el list -- the emacs-wiki list is deprecated)

"Dave Bauer" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Can I add a new section under Tasks called Projects? I want to keep the big
> projects seperate from the things that need to be done. Basically keep a
> projects/next actions on the same page.
>
> I would want to list regular task lines under Projects and make sure they
> stay under that heading. Any pointers to existing code or documentation are
> greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure what happens if you make a separate ** Section on the planner page
under * Tasks. But if you just separate groups of tasks with newlines, Planner
will respect that separation. Try it and see.

You might also be interested in the planner-trunk module.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net