Alexandria causes name-conflicts

Dimitri Minaev
Hi,

I decided to update my Stump today, but it didn't run with my
.stumpwmrc. It took me some time to find the cause, and it seems to be
that StumpWM's and Alexandria's implementation of 'flatten' function
conflict when you load module 'stumptray'. Whenever I run (load-module
"stumptray"), I get the message:

Error loading /home/dimitri/.stumpwmrc: USE-PACKAGE #<PACKAGE
"ALEXANDRIA.0.DEV"> causes name-conflicts in #<PACKAGE "STUMPWM">
between the following symbols:
  ALEXANDRIA.0.DEV:FLATTEN, STUMPWM:FLATTEN

I only wonder why it is triggered by 'stumptray'? It doesn't even use flatten.

--
With best regards,
Dimitri Minaev

Re: Alexandria causes name-conflicts

Javier Olaechea
Dimitri,
I couldn't reproduce locally but think this commit[0] should address your issue. Could you update and check if everything works OK now?

On Jan 20, 2017 06:54, "Dimitri Minaev" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I decided to update my Stump today, but it didn't run with my
.stumpwmrc. It took me some time to find the cause, and it seems to be
that StumpWM's and Alexandria's implementation of 'flatten' function
conflict when you load module 'stumptray'. Whenever I run (load-module
"stumptray"), I get the message:

Error loading /home/dimitri/.stumpwmrc: USE-PACKAGE #<PACKAGE
"ALEXANDRIA.0.DEV"> causes name-conflicts in #<PACKAGE "STUMPWM">
between the following symbols:
  ALEXANDRIA.0.DEV:FLATTEN, STUMPWM:FLATTEN

I only wonder why it is triggered by 'stumptray'? It doesn't even use flatten.

--
With best regards,
Dimitri Minaev

Re: Alexandria causes name-conflicts

Dimitri Minaev
It does, thanks!

On 26 January 2017 at 03:00, Javier Olaechea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dimitri,
> I couldn't reproduce locally but think this commit[0] should address your
> issue. Could you update and check if everything works OK now?
>
> [0]:
> https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/commit/b2382fa3fa02e912b95983410f65f9d267a14368
>
> On Jan 20, 2017 06:54, "Dimitri Minaev" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I decided to update my Stump today, but it didn't run with my
>> .stumpwmrc. It took me some time to find the cause, and it seems to be
>> that StumpWM's and Alexandria's implementation of 'flatten' function
>> conflict when you load module 'stumptray'. Whenever I run (load-module
>> "stumptray"), I get the message:
>>
>> Error loading /home/dimitri/.stumpwmrc: USE-PACKAGE #<PACKAGE
>> "ALEXANDRIA.0.DEV"> causes name-conflicts in #<PACKAGE "STUMPWM">
>> between the following symbols:
>>   ALEXANDRIA.0.DEV:FLATTEN, STUMPWM:FLATTEN
>>
>> I only wonder why it is triggered by 'stumptray'? It doesn't even use
>> flatten.
>>
>> --
>> With best regards,
>> Dimitri Minaev