Android: Feature request: Provide possibility to quickly select account for outgoing calls

Android: Feature request: Provide possibility to quickly select account for outgoing calls

Silas Brändlin
Hello everyone,

I was looking for ways to get in touch with linphone development. As I am using the Android app frequently, I thought I could help to improve it. I think the UI is structured and intuitive. Not much to complain. But one thing is still a bit complicated.

I have two SIP accounts registered. One voip number is used for home. The other I use as private, only I will respond to it.

For outgoing calls it is a bit cumbersome. Linphone is using the main account for dialing. The main account can only be set when opening settings of the single account (opening settings, scrolling down, activating radio button, returning to home screen).

My proposal: short press is setting the main account. Long press is opening the settings (which is currently done by short press).

Maybe it makes sense to keep the old behavior if there is only one account. Maybe it is better to always do as proposed above to keep it consistent.

What do you think?

Best regards
s.braendlin

Re: Android: Feature request: Provide possibility to quickly select account for outgoing calls

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

Thanks for your contribution !

I will talk about it to my colleagues.
I personally thought about a gear button in the account name.
It may require some development to ensure that all the features will be used with the right account, and to ensure that this will be clear enough in the UI.
However, this may take a lot of time because we already have a huge backlog and because we are mainly focused on the SDK.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 18/08/2020 à 18:36, Silas Brändlin a écrit :
[...]

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment