Announcing Gluster release 5.12

Hari Gowtham
Hi,

The Gluster community is pleased to announce the release of Gluster
5.12 (packages available at [1]).

Release notes for the release can be found at [2].

Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release:
None

Thanks,
Gluster community

[1] Packages for 5.12:
https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/5/5.12/

[2] Release notes for 5.12:
https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/release-notes/5.12/

Hari Gowtham.

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Every Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: [Gluster-users] Announcing Gluster release 5.12

Hari Gowtham
Hi Alan,

The best person to answer the above question is Niels. I have CCed him to this email.
HiĀ [hidden email] please do take a look.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 12:36 PM Alan Orth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Hari! Do you know where the CentOS Storage SIG does their release planning? I'm curious as they have released CentOS 8 packages for Gluster 6 and Guster 7, but not Gluster 5.

Regards,

________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Every Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-users mailing list

Hari Gowtham.

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: [rhgs-devel] [Gluster-users] Announcing Gluster release 5.12

Kaleb Keithley
Support of upstream, community-built packages is pretty nebulous. If it builds, with little or no work, typically we package it. Actual support, as in help with problems, comes from the "community."

Niels and I discussed building glusterfs-5 for C8 and decided we'd wait and see if anyone actually asked for it.

Kaleb

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 4:39 AM Yaniv Kaul <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 10:06 AM Alan Orth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Hari! Do you know where the CentOS Storage SIG does their release planning? I'm curious as they have released CentOS 8 packages for Gluster 6 and Guster 7, but not Gluster 5.

I'm not sure it makes sense to support Gluster 5 with CentOS 8.
I would not have supported 6 as well?
Y.