Announcing Gluster release 7.7

Rinku Kothiya
Hi,

The Gluster community is pleased to announce the release of Gluster7.7 (packages available at [1]).
Release notes for the release can be found at [2].

Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release:
None

Please Note: Some of the packages are unavailable and we are working on it. We will release them soon.

Thanks,
Gluster community

[1] Packages for 7.7:
https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/7/7.7/

[2] Release notes for 7.7:
https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/release-notes/7.7/

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: [Gluster-users] Announcing Gluster release 7.7

Strahil Nikolov
In CentOS7 , the packages were available several hours before the announcement.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

На 30 юли 2020 г. 22:32:24 GMT+03:00, Artem Russakovskii <[hidden email]> написа:

>Hi,
>
>https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/glusterfs:/Leap15.1-7/openSUSE_Leap_15.1/x86_64/
>is still missing 7.7. Is there an ETA please?
>
>Thanks.
>

>Sincerely,
>Artem
>
>--
>Founder, Android Police <http://www.androidpolice.com>, APK Mirror
><http://www.apkmirror.com/>, Illogical Robot LLC
>beerpla.net | @ArtemR <http://twitter.com/ArtemR>
>

>On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 9:27 AM Rinku Kothiya <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Gluster community is pleased to announce the release of
>Gluster7.7
>> (packages available at [1]).
>> Release notes for the release can be found at [2].
>>
>> Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release:
>> None
>>
>> Please Note: Some of the packages are unavailable and we are working
>on
>> it. We will release them soon.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gluster community

>> [1] Packages for 7.7:
>> https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/7/7.7/
>>
>> [2] Release notes for 7.7:
>> https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/release-notes/7.7/
>> ________
>>

>> Community Meeting Calendar:
>>
>> Schedule -
>> Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
>> Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968
>>
>> Gluster-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.gluster.org/mailman/listinfo/gluster-users

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: [Gluster-users] Announcing Gluster release 7.7

Shwetha Acharya
Hi Artem,

As per current Tentative plans for community packages we are supporting Leap15.2 only.

Regards,
Shwetha

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 1:03 AM Artem Russakovskii <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Artem

--
Founder, Android PoliceAPK Mirror, Illogical Robot LLC

[...]

Amar Tumballi-3
Hi Hu Bert,

Thanks for letting us know about improvements.

Now to check on possible reason, the question is, from which version did you upgrade to 7.7?

Thanks

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 12:16 PM Hu Bert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there,

just wanted to say thanks to all the developers, maintainers etc. This
release (7) has brought us a small but nice performance improvement.
Utilization and IOs per disk decreased, latency dropped. See attached
images.

I read the release notes but couldn't identify the specific
changes/features for this improvement. Maybe someone could point to
them - but no hurry... :-)

Best regards,
Hubert

________