Anyone syncing with PGP.com keyserver ?

Francisco Jesus Monserrat Coll

Hello,

  I'd just realized that the SKS PGP-keyservers seems to be not
synchronized with the PGP.com keyserver (keyserver.pgp.com) , a
college submit his key
to the keyserver.pgp.com last week (he was using the commercial
version of PGP) and still the key is not propagated to the SKS
Keyserver.

Anyone in the List has a contact with someone at PGP.com keyservers,
to see if it's possible at least some kind of email synchronization ?

regards

paco

PGP.sig (313 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Anyone syncing with PGP.com keyserver ?

David Shaw
On Jun 20, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Francisco Jesus Monserrat Coll wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd just realized that the SKS PGP-keyservers seems to be not synchronized with the PGP.com keyserver (keyserver.pgp.com) , a college submit his key
> to the keyserver.pgp.com last week (he was using the commercial version of PGP) and still the key is not propagated to the SKS Keyserver.
>
> Anyone in the List has a contact with someone at PGP.com keyservers, to see if it's possible at least some kind of email synchronization ?

Nobody synchs with keyserver.pgp.com.  The whole point of the GD is that it does email verification, which is not realistically possible if keys can enter the system from other sources than the server itself.  That also (correctly) keeps the GD an opt-in system.

David