AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error_check_Main'

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error_check_Main'

Felix Matschke
Dear all,

I would like to start rdiff-backup on my small debian/Mac OS X
network (until now I used plain rsync). I installed rdiff-backup
version 1.1.5 on both systems and there seems to be no problem (on
debian via apt-get and on OS X Tiger via darwinports). From my OS X
machine I can issue a command like

rdiff-backup me@powerbook::/Users/me /home/me/Backup/me

without any problems. But I would like to use it as a cron job on the
debian-server. Rsync worked just fine with a batch file like

        unset SSH_AUTH_SOCK
        eval `ssh-agent`
        ssh-add /home/me/.ssh/rsyncMe
        /usr/bin/rsync -avz me@powerbook:/Users/me /home/me/Backup

but the seemingly equivalent batch file

        unset SSH_AUTH_SOCK
        eval `ssh-agent`
        ssh-add /home/me/.ssh/rsyncMe
        rdiff-backup flx@pb::/Users/me /home/me/Backup/me

gives me the following error message:

        Agent pid 8100
        Identity added: /home/me/.ssh/rsyncMe (/home/me/.ssh/rsyncMe)
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/bin/rdiff-backup", line 23, in ?
            rdiff_backup.Main.error_check_Main(sys.argv[1:])
        AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error_check_Main'
        Fatal Error: Truncated header string (problem probably originated
remotely)

        Couldn't start up the remote connection by executing

            ssh -C me@powerbook rdiff-backup --server

        Remember that, under the default settings, rdiff-backup must be
        installed in the PATH on the remote system.  See the man page for more
        information on this.  This message may also be displayed if the remote
        version of rdiff-backup is quite different from the local version
(1.1.5).

Issuing

            ssh -C me@powerbook rdiff-backup --server

results in the same error message.

Did anybody experience the same error message?

Felix

Re: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error_check_Main'

Dave Kempe
Felix Matschke wrote:
> Did anybody experience the same error message?

I get it when rdiff-backup is not installed correctly.
or more specifically when the sitepackages dir is not available.
actually, it might be slightly different, but I would think its some
sort of installation/path error.

dave

Re: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error_check_Main'

gerard van Dijnsen
Hmm...

I get this when ssh returns an unexpected output like a last login
message or /etc/motd or something. Be sure to have the following in your
/etc/sshd_config:

PrintMotd no
PrintLastLog no

Worked for me...