Audio drivers/lib not found by cmake during building process.

Audio drivers/lib not found by cmake during building process.

Loic de MONTAIGNAC
Hello all,

I successfully went thru the cmake + make build procedure to generate
the fluidsynth executable but launching it with (i.e):
$ ./fluidsynth -a alsa GPiano.sf2 Ontime.mid returns :
-----
FluidSynth runtime version 2.0.5
Copyright (C) 2000-2019 Peter Hanappe and others.
Distributed under the LGPL license.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 9 [bank=128 prog=0]
fluidsynth: error: Couldn't find the requested audio driver 'alsa'.
fluidsynth: Valid drivers are: file, oss
Failed to create the audio driver
---
and quits.

After re-trying the full cmake + make procedure, I noticed that quite a
few packages other than oss were not found by cmake (i.e. Alsa, Jack
etc.. see below).

-- Checking for module 'sndfile>=1.0.0'
--   No package 'sndfile' found
-- Checking for module 'libpulse-simple>=0.9.8'
--   No package 'libpulse-simple' found
-- Checking for module 'alsa>=0.9.1'
--   No package 'alsa' found
-- Checking for module 'jack'
--   No package 'jack' found
-- Checking for module 'lash-1.0>=0.3'
--   No package 'lash-1.0' found
-- Checking for module 'libsystemd'
--   No package 'libsystemd' found
-- Checking for module 'dbus-1>=1.0.0'
--   No package 'dbus-1' found
-- Looking for ladspa.h
-- Looking for ladspa.h - not found
-- Checking for module 'libinstpatch-1.0'
--   No package 'libinstpatch-1.0' found
-- Checking for module 'sdl2'
--   No package 'sdl2' found
-- Could NOT find READLINE (missing: READLINE_INCLUDE_DIR
READLINE_LIBRARIES)
Build type:            RelWithDebInfo
Install Prefix:        /usr/local
libsndfile:            no (raw audio file rendering only)
D-Bus:                 no
PulseAudio:            no
JACK:                  no
ALSA:                  no
PortAudio:             no
OSS:                   yes
OpenSLES:              no
Oboe:                  no
MidiShare:             no
CoreAudio:             no
CoreMIDI:              no
Windows:               no
DSound:                no
WaveOut support:       no
WinMidi support:       no
SDL2 support:          no
LADSPA support:        no
LASH support:          no
systemd support:       no
OS/2 DART support:     no
Audio to file driver:  yes
NETWORK Support :      yes
IPV6 Support :         yes
Readline:              no
libinstpatch:          no
Samples type=float:    no (using double)
Profiling:             no
OpenMP 4.0:            yes
Multi-thread support   yes
Debug:                 no
Trap on FPE (debug):   no
Check FPE (debug):     no
UBSan (debug):         no

Pushing my investigation further with apt list | grep <libname> I found
that quite a few of the missing libs/drivers (Alsa, Jack, PortAudio,
PulseAudio etc...) are actually installed by default on my system
(Ubuntu Mate release 18.10 64-bit) but I am baffled why CMake doesn't
find them.

Being a Linux and Fluidsynth beginner, I am pretty sure I am overlooking
something but after now 2 full afternoons 'chewing' on this, I am stuck
and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Loic de Montaignac

Re: ?==?utf-8?q? Audio drivers/lib not found by cmake during building process.

Ralf Mattes

Am Montag, 27. Mai 2019 18:21 CEST, Loic de MONTAIGNAC <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> Pushing my investigation further with apt list | grep <libname> I found
> that quite a few of the missing libs/drivers (Alsa, Jack, PortAudio,
> PulseAudio etc...) are actually installed by default on my system
> (Ubuntu Mate release 18.10 64-bit) but I am baffled why CMake doesn't
> find them.
>
> Being a Linux and Fluidsynth beginner, I am pretty sure I am overlooking
> something but after now 2 full afternoons 'chewing' on this, I am stuck
> and any help would be greatly appreciated.

For CMAKE to to be able to compile against these libraries you need to ensure that the
development packages for those libraries are installed as well, so for libjack you need to install libjack-dev
etc.

 HTH, RalfD