Backup multiple disks (on Windows)

Patrik Dufresne
Hello,

If I need to backup multiple disks (C: & D:) on a Windows server, do I need to run rdiff-backup twice. Once for each disk ? Or there is a way to backup both of them in a single pass ?

ThanksĀ

--
Patrik Dufresne

Re: Backup multiple disks (on Windows)

Dominic Raferd-3
On 13 January 2017 at 18:36, Patrik Dufresne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I need to backup multiple disks (C: & D:) on a Windows server, do I need
> to run rdiff-backup twice. Once for each disk ? Or there is a way to backup
> both of them in a single pass ?

Hi Patrik, if you are using rdiff-backup.exe then I think you must
make two passes. TimeDicer (which uses rdiff-backup) allows you to do
it in one action but it makes two passes 'under the hood'. If you use
rdiff-backup from cygwin then you can probably do it in one because
both drives can be found from /cygdrive/. I haven't tried with 'Bash
on Ubuntu on Windows' which is available with Windows 10. Regards,
Dominic