Backup whole folder instead of his contents

Backup whole folder instead of his contents

Natanael Ramos
Hello everyone.

I have a issue about a backup procedure with rdiff-backup. Let's say that i want to make a backup in the following way:

rdiff-backup foo /media/bar

When i do that, all the contents of "foo" are stored in "/media/bar/", but not "foo" itself. This is a problem to me because I want to backup multiple directories with the " --include-globbing-filelist include-list" option, if I do this, all the contents of the folders listed in "include-list" will be messy in the destination folder.

With rsync, if I do:

rsync -a foo /media/bar

"foo" and all of his contents will be transferred to "/media/bar" instead of his contents only.

So, is there any way to backup "foo" instead of only his contents?

Natanael Ramos
Membro do corpo discente de Ciência da Computação pelo Instituto Federal de
Minas Gerais - Campus Formiga

Re: Backup whole folder instead of his contents

Andrew Engelbrecht

So, is there any way to backup "foo" instead of only his contents?

what about:

rdiff-backup foo /media/bar/foo

andrew