Bdb.DBError("PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery")

Bdb.DBError("PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery")

Jason Fesler-2
I'm getting this regularly; restarting the service clears it.

   Bdb.DBError("PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery")

Any recommendations, besides watching for this condition and
restarting?   I'm seeing this happen on all 3 servers I'm running for
internal use (with gossip syncing enabled and started).

Re: Bdb.DBError("PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery")

Dinko Korunic
On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 12:04:41PM -0800, Jason Fesler wrote:
> I'm getting this regularly; restarting the service clears it.
>
>   Bdb.DBError("PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery")
>
> Any recommendations, besides watching for this condition and restarting?
>  I'm seeing this happen on all 3 servers I'm running for internal use
> (with gossip syncing enabled and started).

Use db_recover, as you've been told. I'd recommend db_recovering on every
restart as a precaution -- if you've used any other BDB-based Unix service
(slapd, for instance) you've probably seen similar issues.

--
NAME:Dinko.kreator.Korunic   DISCLAIMER:Standard.disclaimer.applies
ICQ:16965294        JAB:[hidden email]        PGP:0xEA160D0B

On Dec 1, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Dinko Korunic wrote:

> Use db_recover, as you've been told. I'd recommend db_recovering on
> every
> restart as a precaution --

Thanks, I've done that now.  We'll see if that improves stability.

> if you've used any other BDB-based Unix service
> (slapd, for instance) you've probably seen similar issues.

I've been bit so often in earlier years I try pretty hard to avoid BDB
when at all possible.. :(
I just don't know ocaml, and can't invest the time to replace the BDB
storage with something I actually trust.

Thanks for the responses public and private.