Botan2 support?

Thomas Moschny
Hi,

as Botan 1.10 has gone EOL 2018-12-31 [1], has anybody already looked
into porting Monotone to Botan 2.x?

Starting with Fedora 31, there will be no compat-openssl10-devel package
anymore, and thus no Botan 1.X (unless we disable the OpenSSL module
there), and that in turn affects the monotone package.

- Thomas

[1] https://botan.randombit.net/handbook/support.html

Re: Botan2 support?

grarpamp
On 8/10/19, Thomas Moschny <[hidden email]> wrote:
> as Botan 1.10 has gone EOL 2018-12-31 [1], has anybody already looked
> into porting Monotone to Botan 2.x?
>
> Starting with Fedora 31, there will be no compat-openssl10-devel package
> anymore, and thus no Botan 1.X (unless we disable the OpenSSL module
> there), and that in turn affects the monotone package.

As reference, FreeBSD build deps are here...
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=monotone&stype=name

> [1] https://botan.randombit.net/handbook/support.html

OpenSSL support timeline is here...
https://www.openssl.org/source/

Check monotone list archives, I think some reference to
or work on Botan2 appeared a while back.

Re: Botan2 support?

Markus Wanner-2

On 10.08.19 10:58, Thomas Moschny wrote:
> as Botan 1.10 has gone EOL 2018-12-31 [1], has anybody already looked
> into porting Monotone to Botan 2.x?

I did, a few months ago.  I'd have to check how far I got, but it seemed
doable.

Regards

Markus