Brightness and volume of fluidsynth on Android

Brightness and volume of fluidsynth on Android

吳政昌

HI all,

I'm using fluidsynth fork for Android from Atsushi Eno to play a midi file. Comparing my implementation to the Midi Player App by Volcano Mobile, which also uses Fluidsynth, Volcano Mobile's implementation seems louder and brighter than that of my implementation.

I've already set volume to maximum. Both midi player uses GeneralUser as soundfont.

I'd lik to know how I can increase the volume and brightness. Does audio.periods and audio.period-size influence them?

Jack Wu

Re: Brightness and volume of fluidsynth on Android

Philippe Simons
Hi, I don't know what you mean by brightness, but for the output loudness, you can bump the gain setting.
I think by default it's 0.8, and I might have pushed it to 1.0 for MIDI Player.
Be aware that bumping the gain might introduce audio clipping, depending on the SoundFont and the MIDI file being played.

Question why don't you use VolcanoMobile fork?

Hope it helps