Build failure

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Build failure

Joerg Jaspert-2
Hi

Seems like sks development is dead? Last cvs commit is from 3 years ago,
and with "recent" versions of libraries it just fails to build:

File "zZp.ml", line 54, characters 21-28:
This expression has type int but is here used with type
  Nx.t = Numerix.Dlong.t
make[1]: *** [zZp.cmx] Error 2


There is also the following a bit earlier, but its only a warning:

mxa bigarray.cmxa cryptokit.cmxa  -c bitstring.ml
File "bitstring.ml", line 161, characters 2-44:
Warning X: this record is defined by a `with' expression,
but no fields are borrowed from the original.


Does someone have a patch for it? I dont speak ocaml, so cant fix it
myself, but until this is fixed keyserver.ganneff.de is (sks) down.

--
bye Joerg
<maxx> Aqua mach mal man brain....
<Aquariophile> maxx: schon probiert das gibts ned

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel

attachment0 (194 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build failure

Yaron Minsky-2
Development isn't terribly active, but it's not quite dead yet.  The CVS archive is quite dead, though.  You can pull the latest sources from a bzr repository here:

   http://minsky-primus.homeip.net/sks-archive/mainline/

The server it's on is sadly a bit unreliable, but the tree has been updated as late as 2007-06-18.  I upgraded the system to use numerix 0.22, but haven't really tested it yet.  I don't run an SKS server anymore, so it's a bit inconvenient for me.  I'd love to have someone take a hack at it.  Revision 51 is the last version, and Revision 48 is the latest one before the new numerix was added in.

Try the new version, and tell me if you have problems.

y

On 8/22/07, Joerg Jaspert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Seems like sks development is dead? Last cvs commit is from 3 years ago,
and with "recent" versions of libraries it just fails to build:

File "zZp.ml", line 54, characters 21-28:
This expression has type int but is here used with type
  Nx.t = Numerix.Dlong.t
make[1]: *** [zZp.cmx] Error 2


There is also the following a bit earlier, but its only a warning:

mxa bigarray.cmxa cryptokit.cmxa  -c bitstring.ml
File " bitstring.ml", line 161, characters 2-44:
Warning X: this record is defined by a `with' expression,
but no fields are borrowed from the original.


Does someone have a patch for it? I dont speak ocaml, so cant fix it
myself, but until this is fixed keyserver.ganneff.de is (sks) down.

--
bye Joerg
<maxx> Aqua mach mal man brain....
<Aquariophile> maxx: schon probiert das gibts ned

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel




_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build failure

Joerg Jaspert-4
On 11120 March 1977, Yaron Minsky wrote:

> Try the new version, and tell me if you have problems.

If i simply type make I get the following:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
gcc -O3 -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -I`ocamlc -where` -I . -c crc.c
ocamlopt -I lib -I bdb  -ccopt -Lbdb -dtypes -inline 40 unix.cmxa str.cmxa bdb.cmxa nums.cmxa numerix.cmxa bigarray.cmxa cryptokit.cmxa  -c int_comparators.ml
ocamlopt -I lib -I bdb  -ccopt -Lbdb -dtypes -inline 40 unix.cmxa str.cmxa bdb.cmxa nums.cmxa numerix.cmxa bigarray.cmxa cryptokit.cmxa  -c pSet.ml
File "pSet.ml", line 1, characters 0-1:
Could not find the .cmi file for interface pSet.mli.
make: *** [pSet.cmx] Error 2
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---


If i try make dep i get:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
ocamldep -pp camlp4o   *.ml *.mli > .depend
File "int_comparators.ml", line 4, characters 8-9:
Lexing error: character '<' expected
Uncaught exception: Token.Error("character '<' expected")
Preprocessing error
make: *** [dep] Error 2
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---


--
bye Joerg
[...] some would argue that too much free beer with hamper your ability to free
speech; this is an opinion.

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel

attachment0 (257 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build failure

Yaron Minsky-2
I just checked out revno 51 on my FC6 box running OCaml 3.10.0, and it built cleanly.  I just committed revno 52 which fixes a different problem, unrelated to your building issues.  What exact platform are you running on, and what revno and what ocaml release?

For what it's worth, I don't know if anyone has actually tested out the tip of the SKS tree, but if anyone has, I would be interested in feedback.  The tip of the tree is really quite untested at present.

y

On 8/24/07, Joerg Jaspert <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11120 March 1977, Yaron Minsky wrote:

> Try the new version, and tell me if you have problems.

If i simply type make I get the following:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
gcc -O3 -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -I`ocamlc -where` -I . -c crc.c
ocamlopt -I lib -I bdb  -ccopt -Lbdb -dtypes -inline 40 unix.cmxa str.cmxa bdb.cmxa nums.cmxa numerix.cmxa bigarray.cmxa cryptokit.cmxa  -c int_comparators.ml
ocamlopt -I lib -I bdb  -ccopt -Lbdb -dtypes -inline 40 unix.cmxa str.cmxa bdb.cmxa nums.cmxa numerix.cmxa bigarray.cmxa cryptokit.cmxa  -c pSet.ml
File "pSet.ml", line 1, characters 0-1:
Could not find the .cmi file for interface pSet.mli.
make: *** [pSet.cmx] Error 2
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---


If i try make dep i get:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
ocamldep -pp camlp4o   *.ml *.mli > .depend
File "int_comparators.ml", line 4, characters 8-9:
Lexing error: character '<' expected
Uncaught exception: Token.Error("character '<' expected")
Preprocessing error
make: *** [dep] Error 2
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---


--
bye Joerg
[...] some would argue that too much free beer with hamper your ability to free
speech; this is an opinion.

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel




_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel