Call for testing: rdiff-backup v2 coming up soon

Call for testing: rdiff-backup v2 coming up soon

Otto Kekäläinen
Hello!

I would like to remind you that rdiff-backup Python 3 rewrite is done
and there are plans to release is as 2.0.0 soon.

** Right now we need help testing it! **

You can either checkout from git directly and build it and install, if
you are info Python coding, or you can simply install it from PyPi
(works on most platforms) or use the PPA (for Ubuntu users).

PyPi: https://pypi.org/project/rdiff-backup/1.4.0b2/
PPA: https://code.launchpad.net/~rdiff-backup/+archive/ubuntu/rdiff-backup-development
GitHub: https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup

- Otto

Re: Call for testing: rdiff-backup v2 coming up soon

Reio Remma
On 22/01/2020 11:52, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I would like to remind you that rdiff-backup Python 3 rewrite is done
> and there are plans to release is as 2.0.0 soon.
>
> ** Right now we need help testing it! **
>
> You can either checkout from git directly and build it and install, if
> you are info Python coding, or you can simply install it from PyPi
> (works on most platforms) or use the PPA (for Ubuntu users).
>

> PyPi: https://pypi.org/project/rdiff-backup/1.4.0b2/
> PPA: https://code.launchpad.net/~rdiff-backup/+archive/ubuntu/rdiff-backup-development
> GitHub: https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup
>
> - Otto

Thanks for the heads up! Running 1.4.0b2 on all my CentOS 7 & 8 hosts now.

Good luck
Reio