Can't publish to html

Igor Vlasiuk
Hello,

I have installed muse ver 3.20 and Planner ver 3.42.

In some reason I can't publish my tasks via C-c C-v.

Error: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

I have default configuration from the installation guide.
I can't publish any .muse file in Plans folder.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Re: Can't publish to html

mhoenicka
Igor Vlasiuk <[hidden email]> was heard to say:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed muse ver 3.20 and Planner ver 3.42.
>
> In some reason I can't publish my tasks via C-c C-v.
>
> Error: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> I have default configuration from the installation guide.
> I can't publish any .muse file in Plans folder.

Hi,

It might be helpful to know which lisp function actually fails. Could
you please toggle on error debugging (Options->Enter Debugger on Error
in the menu, or M-x toggle-debug-on-error) and then try to publish
again? Also, please post the relevant part of your .emacs to review
the settings as it might be a simple configuration error.

I have no problem publishing here, although I use slightly older
versions of both packages. I'll see what I'm running at home later
today.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
http://www.mhoenicka.de

Re: Can't publish to html

Igor Vlasiuk
Hello, Markus

Thanks for you help. But its seems that I figured out what was wrong.
I just copied example of Planner configuration  from EmacsWiki (Quick
Start Guide) to .emacs

After some investigation of different .emacs (thanks to Sacha Chua and
lot of others emacs users) I just added some configuration variables
to Planner configuration.

In EmaksWiki was:

(setq planner-project "WikiPlanner")
     (setq muse-project-alist
           '(("WikiPlanner"
             ("~/plans"   ;; Or wherever you want your planner files to be
             :default "index"
             :major-mode planner-mode
             :visit-link planner-visit-link))))
     (require 'planner)

I changed to:

(setq planner-project "WikiPlanner")
     (setq muse-project-alist
           '(("WikiPlanner"
             ("~/plans"   ;; Or wherever you want your planner files to be
             :default "index"
             :major-mode planner-mode
             :visit-link planner-visit-link)

             (:base "html" :path "~/www/Plans"))))
     (require 'planner)

I am not sure why but this work fine for me.

Thanks again Markus for your responce

2010/4/23 Markus Hoenicka <[hidden email]>:

> Igor Vlasiuk <[hidden email]> was heard to say:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have installed muse ver 3.20 and Planner ver 3.42.
>>
>> In some reason I can't publish my tasks via C-c C-v.
>>
>> Error: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>>
>> I have default configuration from the installation guide.
>> I can't publish any .muse file in Plans folder.
>>
> Hi,
>
> It might be helpful to know which lisp function actually fails. Could
> you please toggle on error debugging (Options->Enter Debugger on Error
> in the menu, or M-x toggle-debug-on-error) and then try to publish
> again? Also, please post the relevant part of your .emacs to review
> the settings as it might be a simple configuration error.
>
> I have no problem publishing here, although I use slightly older
> versions of both packages. I'll see what I'm running at home later
> today.
>
> regards,
> Markus
>
> --
> Markus Hoenicka
> http://www.mhoenicka.de
> AQ score 38

Re: Can't publish to html

mhoenicka
Igor Vlasiuk <[hidden email]> was heard to say:

>              (:base "html" :path "~/www/Plans"))))

I believe this line has been necessary since planner moved from
emacs-wiki to muse. In any case, if the Wiki entry where you pulled
your initial instructions from is outdated, you may wish to correct
that entry.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
http://www.mhoenicka.de

Re: Can't publish to html

Kevin T. Neely
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 04:59:31PM +0200, Markus Hoenicka wrote:
> Igor Vlasiuk <[hidden email]> was heard to say:
>
> >              (:base "html" :path "~/www/Plans"))))
>
> I believe this line has been necessary since planner moved from
> emacs-wiki to muse. In any case, if the Wiki entry where you pulled

I haven't published my plan for a long time, but I noticed I have the following in my .emacs:

             (:base "planner-html"
                     :path "~/public_html/Plans"))

Does it understand both "planner-html" and "html"?  I don't see anywhere that I defined that specifically.

cheers,

In Vino Veritas
http://rubbernecking.info

Re: Can't publish to html

mhoenicka
Kevin T. Neely writes:
 >     (:base "planner-html"
 >                      :path "~/public_html/Plans"))
 >
 > Does it understand both "planner-html" and "html"?  I don't see anywhere that I defined that specifically.

Good catch. I reckon that "html" is one of the default muse publishing
styles, whereas "planner-html" (or "planner-xhtml" in my case)
apparently has additional tweaks for planner-specific features. Igor,
I'd recommend to change your entry to either "planner-html" or
"planner-xhtml" too.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
http://www.mhoenicka.de

Re: Can't publish to html

Igor Vlasiuk
Hello,

Thanks for advices. Thanks for quick answers.