Cannot use Linphone on Ubuntu 18.4 Bionic Beaver 64 bit

Cannot use Linphone on Ubuntu 18.4 Bionic Beaver 64 bit

Filippo Lombardo
Hello everyone,

I'm new on Linphone. I downloaded the executable for desktop computers
from Linphone website. When I execute the application I am prompted to
chose between two options: Invite friends and Account Assistant.

I choose the latter, and on the next screen I have 4 options.

1. Create a Linphone account

2. Use a Linphone account

3. Use a SIP account

4. Fetch remote configuration

I choose number 3 and insert the provided information from my job chief

But when I stop the application and I restart it and I come back in the
same section where I put these information, I found nothing. All
disappeared.

How can I resolve this issue ?

Thanks very much for your help, if you can

Kind regards,

Filippo

Re: Cannot use Linphone on Ubuntu 18.4 Bionic Beaver 64 bit

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

This is a weird behaviour...

Which version of the app are you using ? You can get the last version here

Please send me logs of your application to see if there is something going wrong (enable it in settings/advanced, then reproduce the issue, then send logs via settings/advanced/send logs).

You can also see debug traces in the terminal by adding "--verbose" as argument to the appimage.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 30/09/2020 à 18:47, Filippo Lombardo a écrit :
Hello everyone,

I'm new on Linphone. I downloaded the executable for desktop computers from Linphone website. When I execute the application I am prompted to chose between two options: Invite friends and Account Assistant.

I choose the latter, and on the next screen I have 4 options.

1. Create a Linphone account

2. Use a Linphone account

3. Use a SIP account

4. Fetch remote configuration

I choose number 3 and insert the provided information from my job chief

But when I stop the application and I restart it and I come back in the same section where I put these information, I found nothing. All disappeared.

How can I resolve this issue ?

Thanks very much for your help, if you can

Kind regards,

Filippo

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment