Chicken SRFI Support wiki page

noosphere
First, here's what I did:

  https://wiki.call-cc.org/srfi-support

Now, here's why I did it:

I've been looking in to porting some unported SRFIs to Chicken recently,
and wanted to see which SRFIs have already been ported and which were
still unported.

I found the information about which SRFIs were ported on a number of
different pages, but not in the most useful format for me (see below).

There was no documentation about which SRFIs had not been ported yet, so
I had to deduce that on my own by looking at the official SRFI page
( https://srfi.schemers.org/ ) and manually diffing it against what
I could find about which SRFIs have been ported to Chicken.

The most useful Chicken wiki page on which SRFIs were ported was:

  https://wiki.call-cc.org/supported-standards

Unfortunately, the format was not maximally useful to me, because to
find if some SRFI I was interested in was ported to some Chicken version
I'd have to perform multiple searches.  Also, I didn't know if it
was in sync with the list of Eggs (like http://eggs.call-cc.org/5/ ),
which themselves were on separate pages (one per Chicken version).
It turns out they weren't quite in sync.

So I decided to put all of this information in to a single table.

The table linked to at the top of this email lists every SRFI,
its status, which Chicken version it was ported to, and whether
it is in core for that Chicken version or in an egg.

It's basically much the same as the info on the Supported Standards
wiki page, but displayed in a different (to me more useful) format,
along with all of the yet unported SRFIs and their status,
where you can see at a glance which Chicken version a given SRFI
has been ported to.

This is not quite a complete replacement for the Supported Standards
page, because it doesn't list non-SRFI standard support (like R7RS).

Because of that and because I'm new here, I didn't want to just
overwrite the Supported Standards page with this one, nor did I want
to make any major revisions to it.

I thought I'd email you all about it here and ask you what you think.

Then maybe we could link to it from the Supported Standards page?

Any thoughts?

  --Sergey

PS: I created the table manually in org-mode, then exported it to HTML,
cut the table out of the HTML file and pasted it in to the wiki,
which mercifully supported the HTML table format that org exported to.

Re: Chicken SRFI Support wiki page

noosphere
By the way, I've set up a git repo where I've put the org file from
which I generate the "Chicken SRFI Support" wiki page (via the
intermediate HTML export) here:

  https://github.com/diamond-lizard/chicken-srfi-support