Compatibility for rdiff-backup 1.2.8 and 1.3.5

Compatibility for rdiff-backup 1.2.8 and 1.3.5

Frank Crawford
Folks,

Is there expected to be any compatibility issues with backup sets made
with the older python2 version (in particular 1.2.8) and the new
python3 version?

In a small test I did have an issue, but I don't know if it is due to a
bug or an expected issue?

Regards
Frank

Re: Compatibility for rdiff-backup 1.2.8 and 1.3.5

ewl+rdiffbackup
Hi Frank,

I did my best to keep compatibility, but due to the differences between str/Unicode and bytes/str, there might be exceptions, which we'll try to address.

This said, I'm not 100% sure that it'll be possible all the time, especially under Windows, but we should at least document it, and perhaps add a conversion tool.

KR, Eric