Completing the team transition on Savannah

Completing the team transition on Savannah

ewl+rdiffbackup
Hi,

having a deeper look at being able to push a release to PyPI [1], I
realized that it has a dependency (2nd comment) on having control on the
Savannah site and mailing list (and probably project) as stated in [2].

Now Otto and I are struggling to get a definitive answer on those
points, we've tried different approaches and got some promises but no
concrete actions. It might have gone lost in work day's turmoil but it
would be really nice to get this point addressed and closed.

I know that the relevant persons are on this list, alive and kicking,
and have been so far helpful to take over the GitHub repo, so is there
something we can do or is missing to finish the process, or can someone
else help us to get this resolved?

Thanks, Eric

[1] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/58
[2] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup.net/issues/1
(re-directed from https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/52)

Re: Completing the team transition on Savannah

Patrik Dufresne-2
Funny, you bring this subject on the table. I've initiate contact this week
with Savannah to figure out what we can do.
I would like to get rid of the savannah project completely and redirect the
traffic to github and rdiff-backup.net, but it's not going toward the
direction I want.

If we want to go forward with this, the best is to contact the current
members of rdiff-backup project savannah:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=rdiff-backup

Here the initial communication made by Otto on this subject:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2019-08/msg00005.html

Here mine:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2019-11/msg00014.html

@EricZolf <[hidden email]> You are free to jump in the
conversation ! :P

--
Patrik Dufresne Service Logiciel inc.
http://www.patrikdufresne.com <http://patrikdufresne.com/>/

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 9:45 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> having a deeper look at being able to push a release to PyPI [1], I
> realized that it has a dependency (2nd comment) on having control on the
> Savannah site and mailing list (and probably project) as stated in [2].
>
> Now Otto and I are struggling to get a definitive answer on those
> points, we've tried different approaches and got some promises but no
> concrete actions. It might have gone lost in work day's turmoil but it
> would be really nice to get this point addressed and closed.
>
> I know that the relevant persons are on this list, alive and kicking,
> and have been so far helpful to take over the GitHub repo, so is there
> something we can do or is missing to finish the process, or can someone
> else help us to get this resolved?
>
> Thanks, Eric
>
> [1] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/58
> [2] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup.net/issues/1
> (re-directed from https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/52)

Re: Completing the team transition on Savannah

ewl+rdiffbackup
Hi,

well, I recognize people from Sol1 active on this list, so we shouldn't
need to go through the Savannah processes but could be simply added as
admins.

But I see also Kevin Fenzi aka nirik on the list, who's AFAIK
co-maintainer with Frank of the rdiff-backup package on Fedora.
@Frank - do you know him good enough to ask if he could help us out?

Thanks, Eric

On 23/11/2019 16:09, Patrik Dufresne wrote:

> Funny, you bring this subject on the table. I've initiate contact this
> week with Savannah to figure out what we can do.
> I would like to get rid of the savannah project completely and redirect
> the traffic to github and rdiff-backup.net <http://rdiff-backup.net>,
> but it's not going toward the direction I want.
>
> If we want to go forward with this, the best is to contact the current
> members of rdiff-backup project savannah:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=rdiff-backup
>
> Here the initial communication made by Otto on this subject:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2019-08/msg00005.html
>
> Here mine:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2019-11/msg00014.html
>
> @EricZolf <mailto:[hidden email]> You are free to jump in the
> conversation ! :P
>
> --
> Patrik Dufresne Service Logiciel inc.
> http://www.patrikdufresne.com <http://patrikdufresne.com/>/
> 514-971-6442
> 130 rue Doris
> St-Colomban, QC J5K 1T9
>

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 9:45 AM <[hidden email]
> <mailto:ewl%[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     having a deeper look at being able to push a release to PyPI [1], I
>     realized that it has a dependency (2nd comment) on having control on
>     the
>     Savannah site and mailing list (and probably project) as stated in [2].
>
>     Now Otto and I are struggling to get a definitive answer on those
>     points, we've tried different approaches and got some promises but no
>     concrete actions. It might have gone lost in work day's turmoil but it
>     would be really nice to get this point addressed and closed.
>
>     I know that the relevant persons are on this list, alive and kicking,
>     and have been so far helpful to take over the GitHub repo, so is there
>     something we can do or is missing to finish the process, or can someone
>     else help us to get this resolved?
>
>     Thanks, Eric
>
>     [1] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/58
>     [2] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup.net/issues/1
>     (re-directed from
>     https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/52)

Re: Completing the team transition on Savannah

Kevin Fenzi-4
On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 04:36:54PM +0100, EricZolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well, I recognize people from Sol1 active on this list, so we shouldn't need
> to go through the Savannah processes but could be simply added as admins.
>
> But I see also Kevin Fenzi aka nirik on the list, who's AFAIK co-maintainer
> with Frank of the rdiff-backup package on Fedora.
> @Frank - do you know him good enough to ask if he could help us out?

I'm here. ;)

What do you need me to do? I was able to login and see the project
there, but I don't see any way off hand to add admins/members?

I think I am only listed as a member, not an admin.

Feel free to contact me off list if there's anything I can do.

kevin

On 23/11/2019 20:10, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> But I see also Kevin Fenzi aka nirik on the list, who's AFAIK co-maintainer
>> with Frank of the rdiff-backup package on Fedora.
>> @Frank - do you know him good enough to ask if he could help us out?
>
> I'm here. ;)

Small world :-)

> What do you need me to do? I was able to login and see the project
> there, but I don't see any way off hand to add admins/members?
>
> I think I am only listed as a member, not an admin.

I've sent a request through the Savannah portal, so if you see it and
can do something about it, that would be a start.

> Feel free to contact me off list if there's anything I can do.

Thanks for the offer,
Eric

> kevin
> --
>>
>> Thanks, Eric
>>
>> On 23/11/2019 16:09, Patrik Dufresne wrote:
>>> Funny, you bring this subject on the table. I've initiate contact this
>>> week with Savannah to figure out what we can do.
>>> I would like to get rid of the savannah project completely and redirect
>>> the traffic to github and rdiff-backup.net <http://rdiff-backup.net>,
>>> but it's not going toward the direction I want.
>>>
>>> If we want to go forward with this, the best is to contact the current
>>> members of rdiff-backup project savannah:
>>> https://savannah.nongnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=rdiff-backup
>>>
>>> Here the initial communication made by Otto on this subject:
>>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2019-08/msg00005.html
>>>
>>> Here mine:
>>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2019-11/msg00014.html
>>>
>>> @EricZolf <mailto:[hidden email]> You are free to jump in the
>>> conversation ! :P
>>>
>>> --
>>> Patrik Dufresne Service Logiciel inc.
>>> http://www.patrikdufresne.com <http://patrikdufresne.com/>/
>>> 514-971-6442
>>> 130 rue Doris
>>> St-Colomban, QC J5K 1T9
>>>

>>> On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 9:45 AM <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:ewl%[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>      Hi,
>>>
>>>      having a deeper look at being able to push a release to PyPI [1], I
>>>      realized that it has a dependency (2nd comment) on having control on
>>>      the
>>>      Savannah site and mailing list (and probably project) as stated in [2].
>>>
>>>      Now Otto and I are struggling to get a definitive answer on those
>>>      points, we've tried different approaches and got some promises but no
>>>      concrete actions. It might have gone lost in work day's turmoil but it
>>>      would be really nice to get this point addressed and closed.
>>>
>>>      I know that the relevant persons are on this list, alive and kicking,
>>>      and have been so far helpful to take over the GitHub repo, so is there
>>>      something we can do or is missing to finish the process, or can someone
>>>      else help us to get this resolved?
>>>
>>>      Thanks, Eric
>>>
>>>      [1] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/58
>>>      [2] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup.net/issues/1
>>>      (re-directed from
>>>      https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/52)

Re: Completing the team transition on Savannah

Andrew Foster
EricZolf wrote:
> > What do you need me to do? I was able to login and see the project
> > there, but I don't see any way off hand to add admins/members?
> >
> > I think I am only listed as a member, not an admin.
>
> I've sent a request through the Savannah portal, so if you see it and can do
> something about it, that would be a start.

Also, David Kempe has admin access. We are looking into what options we
have, but savannah.nongnu.org appears to be down (at least for us) right
now. It was up on the weekend. We'll keep trying.

- Andrew
(null)

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 03:24:22PM +1100, Andrew Foster wrote:

> EricZolf wrote:
> > > What do you need me to do? I was able to login and see the project
> > > there, but I don't see any way off hand to add admins/members?
> > >
> > > I think I am only listed as a member, not an admin.
> >
> > I've sent a request through the Savannah portal, so if you see it and can do
> > something about it, that would be a start.
>
> Also, David Kempe has admin access. We are looking into what options we
> have, but savannah.nongnu.org appears to be down (at least for us) right
> now. It was up on the weekend. We'll keep trying.
Yeah, it seemed to be down sunday, but it's back now.

Unfortunately I can't see any request or add anyone or anything.

Hopefully David can fix the required things. :)

kevin