Contact sorting in Linphone

Francis GASCHET
Hi,

Does anybody know how to sort the contacts list in Linphone ?
I use Linphone 3.6.1 on Debian 9.

logo
Francis GASCHET
Directeur Général

9 Ter route de Saint Germain
78640 VILLIERS SAINT FREDERIC
TÉL : +33 (0) 130 791 616
Fax : +33 (0) 130 819 286
[hidden email]
www.numlog.fr
Sécurisez vos échanges de données et vos communications

Re: Contact sorting in Linphone

Francis GASCHET
Hi all,

The fact that Linphone classifies contacts by number and not by name does not bother anyone? Or I missed something somewhere ???

Le 25/01/2019 à 16:13, Francis GASCHET a écrit :
Hi,

Does anybody know how to sort the contacts list in Linphone ?
I use Linphone 3.6.1 on Debian 9.

logo
Francis GASCHET
Directeur Général

9 Ter route de Saint Germain
78640 VILLIERS SAINT FREDERIC
TÉL : +33 (0) 130 791 616
Fax : +33 (0) 130 819 286
[hidden email]
www.numlog.fr
Sécurisez vos échanges de données et vos communications

Re: Contact sorting in Linphone

Rob van der Putten
Hi there

On 30/01/2019 11:08, Francis GASCHET wrote:

> The fact that Linphone classifies contacts by number and not by name
> does not bother anyone? Or I missed something somewhere ???

It's an ancient compliant and it does bother a lot of people.
A friend of mine wrote a patch, which I published on my website;
http://www.sput.nl/software/homebrew/contacts_sortorder.patch

BTW, as far as I can tell, linphone doesn't really depend on
linphone-nogtk. So that's a superfluous dependency.

Regards,
Rob