Country state not available.

Sasa Ostrouska
Hi I would like to ask for a help on how to solve my issue with state names not being available on my install.

I do not know if this would be better on a users or dev mailing list. I ask for apologize already if this is the wrong list.

So I have my dolibarr install upgrading from 2.9 series if I recall correctly.
During that time I have been upgrading it constantly without problems up to
what is today 6.x series.

In the beginning there was no states in the Dolibarr itself and I was using some home made solutions. But since now there is a dictionary and the states are available I would like to configure all third parties with the correct state where the
third is from.

Right now when I am creating a new third party, I can easily select the country
and for most of them is Brasil. But when I do want to select the state in the
state drop down menu, there is no option at all, just it shows a white dropdown menu.

I have all the states in the dictionary llx_c_regions and no one is configured in llx_c_departements which I think it is correct. As they are regions and not departments.

Also maybe the name for the table llx_c_departments is probably not the most appropriate.

Here is a screenshot of the third party creation page with the dropdown menu open https://imgur.com/a/j9ali .

Is there a way on make this work correctly ?

Rgds
Saxa

Re: Country state not available.

Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)
Hi Saxa
The state combo takes data into llx_departments.
If you have only on level, just create one regions called brazil and put your states into llx_departments.

Google+: https://plus.google.com/+LaurentDestailleur-Open-Source-Expert/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Destailleur.Laurent
* Dolibarr (Project leader): https://www.dolibarr.org (make a donation for Dolibarr project via Paypal: [hidden email])
* AWStats (Author) : http://awstats.sourceforge.net (make a donation for AWStats project via Paypal: [hidden email])
* AWBot (Author) : http://awbot.sourceforge.net
* CVSChangeLogBuilder (Author) : http://cvschangelogb.sourceforge.net

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:26 PM, Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Saxa
The state combo takes data into llx_departments.
If you have only on level, just create one regions called brazil and put your states into llx_departments.

Hmmm, but why then we have 2 tables for the same data ? Does this have sense ? Also I see the llx_c_regions to
be a more appropirate name for the states than llc_departments. Not that it matters but then what the llx_c_regions
table is used for ?

Rgds
Saxa

[...]

For you, there is no sense, because your country separation is on 1 level, but for some country, the separation is on 2 levels.
Changing the name will not solve any problem, depending on your country there is so many different names:
region, county, department, state, province, etc...
the name may be used for a different level in different countries.

Just remind

country -> region -> department   are tables.

If you need country and state, so state is departement, and keep 1 entry into region that is country to keep the link working.

[...]

Juanjo Menent-2

Brasil has divided into 5 regions and 27 states, more info at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_of_Brazil

El 19/09/17 a las 12:44, Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy) escribió:
[...]

HTML Online Editor Sample

Un cordial saludo.

Juanjo Menent Solanes
Departamento de Desarrollo 2byte.es

INFORMACION SOBRE PROTECCION Y TRATAMIENTO DE DATOS PERSONALES: Este mensaje y los archivos adjuntos son confidenciales y se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario. Si no es usted el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si usted ha recibido este correo por error, por favor avísenos inmediatamente a través de  correo electrónico  o por teléfono, descritos en la parte superior, y tenga la amabilidad de eliminarlo de su sistema.
En cumplimiento de lo establecido en la Ley Orgánica 15/1999, de 13 de Diciembre, de Protección de Datos de carácter Personal le informamos que sus datos personales quedarán incorporados en los ficheros de la empresa, con el fin de poderle prestar y ofrecer nuestros servicios además de noticias relacionadas con nuestra actividad.  Así mismo,  le informamos de la posibilidad de que ejerza los derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y oposición de sus datos de carácter personal siendo el responsable del fichero la propia empresa, cuya dirección figura en la parte superior.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy) <[hidden email]> wrote:
For you, there is no sense, because your country separation is on 1 level, but for some country, the separation is on 2 levels.
Changing the name will not solve any problem, depending on your country there is so many different names:
region, county, department, state, province, etc...
the name may be used for a different level in different countries.

Just remind

country -> region -> department   are tables.

If you need country and state, so state is departement, and keep 1 entry into region that is country to keep the link working.

Hi Laurent, ok I got it.
So we have here Brasil (country) -> Bahia, Sao Paulo, Minas Gerais, Rio de Janeiro, Parana (federative states) -> Salvador, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, RIO de Janeiro, Curitiba (cities) .
But we also have regions, where few states are in for example, NorthEast region, SouthEast region , Central region, but those are
usually not used on documents only for geographical purposes. Of course in an ERP system they could exist due to grouping
of partners in some regions and so on.

Rgds
Saxa

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Juanjo Menent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Brasil has divided into 5 regions and 27 states, more info at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_of_Brazil

Hi Juanjo correct.

Rgds
Saxa