Created account without password. How to delete it?

Created account without password. How to delete it?

Francis Marsden
Some how I managed to create a linphone sip account without using a
password.  If I remember correctly , I installed linphone on my android
cellphone, and used the assistant to create an account using my email.
([hidden email]) .  The user name is marsdenf for the linphone
account.  (I may have done it with linphone linux on my desktop, but am
not sure).  The account works, but I assure you it does not have a
password.  Later I linked the account to my cellphone number.   I have
now created a second account , username marsdenf62, this time with a
proper password.  How can I delete the old account completely of the
linphone.org servers without using a password?

Re: Created account without password. How to delete it?

Stuart D Gathman

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020, Francis Marsden wrote:

> Some how I managed to create a linphone sip account without using a
> password.  If I remember correctly , I installed linphone on my android
> cellphone, and used the assistant to create an account using my email.
> ([hidden email]) .  The user name is marsdenf for the linphone account.  (I

So go to https://www.linphone.org/freesip/home and recover your
password.

You may possibly have set a null password using your phone
app, or the phone app generated a random password, but the web app
does not allow login with an empty password.  By "no password" I assume
you mean that you can't login on the web page - not that anyone can
log in using the username you provided.  ;-)

"Recover password" probably sends a token allowing you to set a new
password.