Cyclic task does not work

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cyclic task does not work

Leandro Noferini
Ciao a tutti,

I have these configurations in .emacs:

(require 'planner-cyclic)
(setq planner-cyclic-diary-file "~/Documenti/Agenda/ImpegniCiclici.muse")
(setq planner-cyclic-diary-nag nil)

And this is my cyclic tasks file:

*/18 #A0 _ Task 1
*/20 #B0 _ Task 2

But these tasks never show: what could happen?

--
Ciao
leandro

_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss

attachment0 (194 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyclic task does not work [WJS+muse]

John Sullivan-2
leandro noferini <[hidden email]> writes:

> I have these configurations in .emacs:
>
> (require 'planner-cyclic)
> (setq planner-cyclic-diary-file "~/Documenti/Agenda/ImpegniCiclici.muse")
> (setq planner-cyclic-diary-nag nil)
>
> And this is my cyclic tasks file:
>
> */18 #A0 _ Task 1
> */20 #B0 _ Task 2
>
> But these tasks never show: what could happen?

A few quick guesses.

Are you testing this with dates in the future? By default it won't
create tasks on past days.

Try it with planner-cyclic-diary-nag set to t instead? Because that
stops new tasks from being created if old ones already exist. At least
for purposes of testing, see if that works.

Try it with a diary file that doesn't have a .muse extension? I don't
know if that matters but I'm suspicious of mode issues.

Finally, when you are looking at a page where you expect those entries
to appear (in the future), what happens if you do M-x
planner-cyclic-create-tasks-maybe?

If there are still problems, what versions of emacs, planner, and muse,
and what OS?

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer
http://wjsullivan.net/PlannerMode.html
GPG Key: AE8600B6

_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyclic task does not work [WJS+muse]

Leandro Noferini
John Sullivan ha scritto:


[...]

> A few quick guesses.
>
> Are you testing this with dates in the future? By default it won't
> create tasks on past days.

I am trying writing the date of today.

> Try it with planner-cyclic-diary-nag set to t instead? Because that
> stops new tasks from being created if old ones already exist. At least
> for purposes of testing, see if that works.

I tried but nothing changed.

> Try it with a diary file that doesn't have a .muse extension? I don't
> know if that matters but I'm suspicious of mode issues.

I changed also this extension.

> Finally, when you are looking at a page where you expect those entries
> to appear (in the future), what happens if you do M-x
> planner-cyclic-create-tasks-maybe?

I tried also with debug activated and this is what I got:

Debugger entered--entering a function:
* planner-cyclic-create-tasks-maybe()
  call-interactively(planner-cyclic-create-tasks-maybe)
  execute-extended-command(nil)

> If there are still problems, what versions of emacs, planner, and muse,
> and what OS?

Sorry, I  forgot before: Emacs version  22.2.1, planner 3.41.arch.123-1,
all from debian packages from sid distribuition in i386.

--
Ciao
leandro


_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss

attachment0 (194 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyclic task does not work [WJS+muse]

John Sullivan-2
leandro noferini <[hidden email]> writes:

> I tried also with debug activated and this is what I got:
>
> Debugger entered--entering a function:
> * planner-cyclic-create-tasks-maybe()
>   call-interactively(planner-cyclic-create-tasks-maybe)
>   execute-extended-command(nil)
>
>> If there are still problems, what versions of emacs, planner, and muse,
>> and what OS?
>
> Sorry, I  forgot before: Emacs version  22.2.1, planner 3.41.arch.123-1,
> all from debian packages from sid distribuition in i386.

That's very strange. I'm in the process of getting a new debian package
uploaded. It seems to work okay, if you'd like to try it, you can
install it by adding:

deb http://www.wjsullivan.net/debian unstable/

to your sources.list. That should give you 3.42 of planner. It should
also be in official Debian shortly.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer
http://wjsullivan.net/PlannerMode.html
GPG Key: AE8600B6

_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyclic task does not work [WJS+muse]

Leandro Noferini
John Sullivan ha scritto:


[...]

> That's very strange. I'm in the process of getting a new debian package
> uploaded. It seems to work okay, if you'd like to try it, you can
> install it by adding:
>
> deb http://www.wjsullivan.net/debian unstable/
>
> to your sources.list. That should give you 3.42 of planner. It should
> also be in official Debian shortly.

Uhmmm, nothing changed......

I think it is a local issue but I cannot figure anything.

:-(

--
Ciao
leandro


_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss

attachment0 (194 bytes) Download Attachment