DazukoFS 3.1.4 released, Dazuko 2.3.9 released

DazukoFS 3.1.4 released, Dazuko 2.3.9 released

John Ogness-10
Hi,

I have released DazukoFS 3.1.4. At the request of Lino Sanfilippo the
recent patch to make read calls restartable across signals has been
reverted.

I have also released Dazuko 2.3.9. This includes a patch from Jaroslav
Suchanek to add support support for FreeBSD 8.

This is my final email as maintainer of the Dazuko project. The
Savannah resources and the wiki-based website will still be
available. If anyone wishes to become maintainer of this project,
please post to one of the Dazuko mailing lists.

Over the past 9 years I had a lot of fun and learned a lot about
development together with the free software community. I thank
everyone that helped me over the years. Dazuko has come a long way
from its original 1.0.0 version.

I am happy to see that there is now an official userspace interface
for file access control in mainline Linux: Fanotify. I hope that the
Dazuko community is able to embrace this new interface and also work
together with the Linux community to improve it further.

John Ogness

--
(no longer) Dazuko Maintainer

Re: DazukoFS 3.1.4 released, Dazuko 2.3.9 released

Lino Sanfilippo
John Ogness wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have released DazukoFS 3.1.4. At the request of Lino Sanfilippo the
> recent patch to make read calls restartable across signals has been
> reverted.
>
> I have also released Dazuko 2.3.9. This includes a patch from Jaroslav
> Suchanek to add support support for FreeBSD 8.
>
> This is my final email as maintainer of the Dazuko project. The
> Savannah resources and the wiki-based website will still be
> available. If anyone wishes to become maintainer of this project,
> please post to one of the Dazuko mailing lists.
>
> Over the past 9 years I had a lot of fun and learned a lot about
> development together with the free software community. I thank
> everyone that helped me over the years. Dazuko has come a long way
> from its original 1.0.0 version.
>
> I am happy to see that there is now an official userspace interface
> for file access control in mainline Linux: Fanotify. I hope that the
> Dazuko community is able to embrace this new interface and also work
> together with the Linux community to improve it further.
>
> John Ogness

Hi John,

as a member of the dazuko community I would like to thank you for
providing us
all with the possibility of file access interception by means of dazuko
and also for your
support and help during all the years.
Even more since in the last years you did this all in your free time.

Although dazuko didnt make it into mainline it was worth trying it. For
me it also was a lot
of fun working at it and i think we all learned a lot from the dazuko
project.

Thank you very much and best regards!

Lino

Geschaeftsfuehrender Gesellschafter: Tjark Auerbach
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Tettnang
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 630992

ALLGEMEINE GESCHAEFTSBEDINGUNGEN
Es gelten unsere Allgemeinen Geschaeftsbedingungen
(AGB). Sie finden sie in der jeweils gueltigen Fassung
im Internet unter http://www.avira.com/de/standard-terms-conditions-business-de

Re: DazukoFS 3.1.4 released, Dazuko 2.3.9 released

jim burns
On Mon March 28 2011 12:31:51 PM Lino Sanfilippo wrote:

> > I am happy to see that there is now an official userspace interface
> > for file access control in mainline Linux: Fanotify. I hope that the
> > Dazuko community is able to embrace this new interface and also work
> > together with the Linux community to improve it further.
> >
> > John Ogness
>
> Hi John,
>
> as a member of the dazuko community I would like to thank you for
> providing us
> all with the possibility of file access interception by means of dazuko
> and also for your
> support and help during all the years.
> Even more since in the last years you did this all in your free time.

Hi, Lino. Any plans for antivir using fanotify? Even tho' dazukofs 3.1.4
compiles and loads fine on kernel 2.6.37 (openSuSE 11.4), antivir ends up with
a lot of defunct processes, and 100% cpu on the remaining ones. I suppose this
is to be expected since 3.1.4 only officially supports 2.6.36.

If this is not the correct list for this news, feel free to redirect me.

And yes, John, your support over the years has been greatly appreciated.
Antivir and dazuko(fs) has been the only combination I've needed for many
years now, and I'd like to continue to use them.

Thanx.