This weekend I finally found some time to commit all the work for
DazukoFS into CVS and started to get things organized for a 3.0.0-pre1
preview version. It isn't finished yet, but there is enough done that
you can see what things will look like starting with Dazuko 3.x.
- new directory layout
- DazukoFS for Linux 2.6.8 (only this version at the moment)
- ON_OPEN events
- C-example program
not yet finished:
- DazukoFS for Linux 2.6.18 and FreeBSD 6 (but nearly finished!)
- other events
- full name resolution (currently only pseudo names are available)
- thorough documentation
- other example programs
- "main" Makefile for building/installing user/kernel components
- options for specifying install paths
Starting with Dazuko 3.0.0 there will no longer be support for syscall
hooking or LSM. DazukoFS will be the only operating mode for Dazuko.
Those interested in LSM or syscall hooking will have to stay with the
Although the current version only produces pseudo names, a registered
application will receive the real content of the file when opening the
pseudo name. For anti-virus software, this is sufficient to provide
basic protection. This will change for the official stable release
(using an additional dazukoQueryFilename() function).
For those of you with Linux 2.6.8 (for example, Debian stable) running
on a test machine, I would encourage you to give it a try.
DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOUR DATA IS IMPORTANT! THIS IS STILL VERY