Debian sks.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV

Debian sks.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV

Azamat S. Kalimoulline
Hi. After recon started with peer sks crashed with message in logs
"sks.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV". No other
messages in logs. SKS version 1.1.6 Debian Buster. Is anyone get that?

Re: Debian sks.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV

Kristian Fiskerstrand-6
On 26.02.2020 13:10, Azamat S. Kalimoulline wrote:
> Hi. After recon started with peer sks crashed with message in logs
> "sks.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV". No other
> messages in logs. SKS version 1.1.6 Debian Buster. Is anyone get that?

I'd guess it hitting a stack limit during merge of a large key.

--
----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand

В письме от среда, 26 февраля 2020 г. 15:40:37 MSK Вы написали:
> On 26.02.2020 13:10, Azamat S. Kalimoulline wrote:
> > Hi. After recon started with peer sks crashed with message in logs
> > "sks.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV". No other
> > messages in logs. SKS version 1.1.6 Debian Buster. Is anyone get that?
>
> I'd guess it hitting a stack limit during merge of a large key.

Somethis was importing keys. Yes, I increased stack size and was ok. But sks
services launched via systemd with default stack limit infinity. I can see it
on `systemctl show sks.service|grep STACK` and `systemctl show sks-
recon.service|grep STACK`

Re: Debian sks.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV

Skip Carter
I see this during the DB build process,  increase the stack limit:
ulimit -s unlimited

Crashes that wont restart after deployment seem to be DB corruptions.
Depending upon where the problem is, it might work to just remove the
PTree and just rebuild that.  Otherwise you will need to do a fresh
build of both KDB and PTree

On Wed, 2020-02-26 at 13:40 +0100, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:

> On 26.02.2020 13:10, Azamat S. Kalimoulline wrote:
> > Hi. After recon started with peer sks crashed with message in logs
> > "sks.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV". No
> > other
> > messages in logs. SKS version 1.1.6 Debian Buster. Is anyone get
> > that?
> >

> I'd guess it hitting a stack limit during merge of a large key.

--
Dr Everett (Skip) Carter  0xF29BF36844FB7922
[hidden email]

Taygeta Scientific Inc
607 Charles Ave
Seaside CA 93955