Default "When" for tasks?

Nathan R. Yergler-4
I presently exploring different ways I might use planner-mode to keep
track of tasks in my queue.  One thing that I think would be useful is
just seeing the tasks that are really, really due today in the day view.
  Once those were done I could go to the individual task list for
additional things that need done.  I can make this work now by entering
"nil" for the When prompt when creating a task.  Is there a
configuration parameter I can use to make that default to nil?

Thanks,

Nathan

Re: Default "When" for tasks?

John Sullivan-2
"Nathan R. Yergler" <[hidden email]> writes:

> I presently exploring different ways I might use planner-mode to keep
> track of tasks in my queue.  One thing that I think would be useful is
> just seeing the tasks that are really, really due today in the day view.
>   Once those were done I could go to the individual task list for
> additional things that need done.  I can make this work now by entering
> "nil" for the When prompt when creating a task.  Is there a
> configuration parameter I can use to make that default to nil?

We don't have a way to do that right now. Using M-p might speed things
up a bit if you are creating several tasks in a row.

You can also create a batch of tasks for today by hitting RET at the
date prompt, and then move them in one block to nil with
planner-copy-or-move-region.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer