Define Range of random ports

Kashyap Dhamecha
Hello team,

There is a option to use random ports from linphone side.

Is it possibility to define minimum and maximum port number?

Also If we disable random port and give particular static port then it is getting set in UDP transport only. For TCP and TLS transport still random port is getting used. Is there a way to use that defined port in TCP and TLS also?

--
With kind regards....
Kashyap Dhamecha

Re: Define Range of random ports

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

First things first, on which platform, os and version of linphone are you observing this?

Can you provide us some screenshots or some hint on how did you disable random port (In UI, in linphonerc) ?

Normally, you should be able to also set TCP port.

Currently, as far as I know, there is no way to define a port range for random ports (unless you have a lot of used ports, the probabilities to have a conflict are very low). You can eventually send us a development request for this feature by filling our Typeform contact or develop it yourself.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 09/05/2020 à 18:02, Kashyap Dhamecha a écrit :
Hello team,

There is a option to use random ports from linphone side.

Is it possibility to define minimum and maximum port number?

Also If we disable random port and give particular static port then it is getting set in UDP transport only. For TCP and TLS transport still random port is getting used. Is there a way to use that defined port in TCP and TLS also?

--
With kind regards....
Kashyap Dhamecha

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment