Device or resource busy

Denis Khabarov
Hi all. I using gnokii 0.6.32 from git On ubuntu 12.4 i366. Phone: Nokia
5130 XpressMusic and running smsd with mysql. When smsd is running, I
can not use any command gnokii:

# gnokii --monitor delay
GNOKII Version 0.6.32git
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
LOG: rlpdebug mask is 0x1
LOG: xdebug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = 6510
port = /dev/ttyACM0
connection = dku2libusb
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
overrun, reallocating: 1010 0
device: opening device USB
port = /dev/ttyACM0 is not valid for connection = dku2libusb using port
= 1 instead
Ignoring extra header, type 171, length 5
Found FBUS interface
Can't set configuration: -16
Can't claim data interface: -16
Couldn't open PHONET device: Device or resource busy
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.

Perhaps it has something to fix it? (Sending SMS messages and receiving
is good running)
PS. Sorry for bad english.

Re: Device or resource busy

Daniele Forsi-2
2013/12/15 Denis Khabarov:

> When smsd is running, I can
> not use any command gnokii:

yes, that's by design; this is the meaning of the message "Couldn't
open PHONET device: Device or resource busy"

while it would be possible to use the GSM mulltiplexer, nowadays it's
not worth it because many phones implement more than one communication
endpoint (even if some are less capable that others or buggy or
weird), with Nokia phones you can use at the same time /dev/ttyACM0
and the FBUS channel, with non-Nokia phones you can use /dev/ttyACM0
and /dev/ttyACM1, however that's untested with libgnokii

> port = /dev/ttyACM0
> connection = dku2libusb

that isn't a valid configuration, that's the meaning of this message:
> port = /dev/ttyACM0 is not valid for connection = dku2libusb using port = 1
> instead

you can see if the following works for you and please report your
results to this mailing list for the benefit of others

in your /etc/gnokiirc add two sections:
[phone_1]
connection = serial
port = /dev/ttyACM0
model = AT

[phone_2]
connection = dku2libusb
port = 1
model = series40

then you run:
smsd --phone 1
and:
gnokii --phone 2 --identify

and see if it works as you expect, then switch 1 and 2 and try if it's
better or worse

Note that it should be possible to establish more than one connection
to the same Nokia phone when using connection = phonet however that
protocol lacks any documentation useful to me and the kernel module
lacks useful comments and in the end our dku2libusb is much bettter
and would allow to do the same if I knew how, if somebody wants to
study this matter, he can look at the sources of the Linux kernel:
drivers/net/usb/cdc-phonet.c
drivers/usb/gadget/f_phonet.c
net/phonet/af_phonet.c

> PS. Sorry for bad english.

don't worry, your English is good

--
Daniele Forsi

Re: Device or resource busy

Denis Khabarov
Daniele Forsi писал 2013-12-16 15:52:

> 2013/12/15 Denis Khabarov:
>
>> When smsd is running, I can
>> not use any command gnokii:
>
> yes, that's by design; this is the meaning of the message "Couldn't
> open PHONET device: Device or resource busy"
>
> while it would be possible to use the GSM mulltiplexer, nowadays it's
> not worth it because many phones implement more than one communication
> endpoint (even if some are less capable that others or buggy or
> weird), with Nokia phones you can use at the same time /dev/ttyACM0
> and the FBUS channel, with non-Nokia phones you can use /dev/ttyACM0
> and /dev/ttyACM1, however that's untested with libgnokii
>
>> port = /dev/ttyACM0
>> connection = dku2libusb
>
> that isn't a valid configuration, that's the meaning of this message:
>> port = /dev/ttyACM0 is not valid for connection = dku2libusb using
>> port = 1
>> instead
>
> you can see if the following works for you and please report your
> results to this mailing list for the benefit of others
>
> in your /etc/gnokiirc add two sections:
> [phone_1]
> connection = serial
> port = /dev/ttyACM0
> model = AT
>
> [phone_2]
> connection = dku2libusb
> port = 1
> model = series40
>
> then you run:
> smsd --phone 1
> and:
> gnokii --phone 2 --identify
>
> and see if it works as you expect, then switch 1 and 2 and try if it's
> better or worse
>
> Note that it should be possible to establish more than one connection
> to the same Nokia phone when using connection = phonet however that
> protocol lacks any documentation useful to me and the kernel module
> lacks useful comments and in the end our dku2libusb is much bettter
> and would allow to do the same if I knew how, if somebody wants to
> study this matter, he can look at the sources of the Linux kernel:
> drivers/net/usb/cdc-phonet.c
> drivers/usb/gadget/f_phonet.c
> net/phonet/af_phonet.c
>
>> PS. Sorry for bad english.