Diary Entries Not Printing

Kenneth Jacker
[Debian/sarge; GNU Emacs 21.4.1;  planner v3.30]

Having used emacs' diary/calendar for years, I naturally wanted to
include my daily diary entries within my 'planner' day pages via
"(planner-diary-entries-here)".

The content shows up fine in my emacs "window".  However, when I print
the day page using ps-print-buffer-with-faces, my "tasks" are printed,
but the diary portion prints only as "<lisp>(...)</lisp>".

What I believe are the relevant ".emacs" lines:

   ; *** Planner
   (setq planner-day-page-template
    "\n<lisp>(planner-diary-entries-here)</lisp>\n\n\n* Tasks\n\n* Notes\n")

   ;;  -- planner-diary
   (require 'planner-diary)
   (setq planner-diary-include-all-output-flag t)

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       [hidden email]
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj

Re: Diary Entries Not Printing

John Sullivan-2
Kenneth Jacker <[hidden email]> writes:

> The content shows up fine in my emacs "window".  However, when I print the day
> page using ps-print-buffer-with-faces, my "tasks" are printed, but the diary
> portion prints only as "<lisp>(...)</lisp>".

Right, and if you open the file not in Planner Mode, that's also what you'll
see.

You are using option #2 for inserting diary into your planner pages. Try option
#1, as described in the info manual:

,----

`----

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net

Re: Diary Entries Not Printing

Sacha Chua
Kenneth Jacker <[hidden email]> writes:

> The content shows up fine in my emacs "window".  However, when I print
> the day page using ps-print-buffer-with-faces, my "tasks" are printed,
> but the diary portion prints only as "<lisp>(...)</lisp>".

Hmm... Could you try using the rewriting version instead? Instructions
are in planner-diary.el. =)

--
Sacha Chua <[hidden email]> - open source, free software geekette
http://sacha.free.net.ph/ - PGP Key ID: 0xE7FDF77C