Dictionary of Algorithms... contributions?

Dictionary of Algorithms... contributions?

Tim Daly
Paul,

I'm Tim Daly, lead developer on Axiom, a computer algebra system.
(http://axiom-developer.org)

I've just found the site https://xlinux.nist.gov/dads/
and you are listed as the contact.

Axiom has a long-term goal to be a foundation for teaching
computational mathematics. One focus is on explaining the
algorithms and data structures that underlie the implementation
of these fundamental ideas. We have long advocated the
collection and standardization of these algorithms.

I'm happy to see such clear explanations such as your link to
http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~lecroq/string/node14.html

What is the mechanism for contributions?

Tim Daly

Re: Dictionary of Algorithms... contributions?

Black, Paul E. (Fed)
Tim,

To contribute, just send stuff to me. As the editor, I reserve judgement that some things are not in the scope of DADS. We can talk more about what is and is not in scope.

That said, I store entries as tagged files, which are "compiled" into the nice HTML pages you see. The "compilation" step updates indexes, changes references in HTML anchors (<a href=...>), and other stuff. If folks are really interested, it would ease my work if submissions came as these tagged files.

One more note: after handling DADS for over a decade, I am looking for someone else to take it over.

-paul-
Paul E. Black             100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
[hidden email]       Gaithersburg, Maryland  20899-8970
voice: +1 301 975-4794    fax: +1 301 975-6097
http://hissa.nist.gov/~black/                        KC7PKT

http://daly.axiom-developer.org