Drawing polymers

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing polymers

Piotr Sawicki
Greetings!

First of all, thank You Guys for Yours excellent work on GChemPaint.
In my opinion it is at the moment the best 2D chemical drawing program
for linux.

I would like to propose a new feature - an automatic addition of small
index near to brackets. Such index could indicate a number of mer units
in polymer. After choosing a bracket option, there may appear a small
box, where index text may be customized. There may be more than one box
- for example for upper-left, upper-right, down-left and down-right
position near to brackets.

And small question - Somebody know why version in debian repo can't
store anymore new templates? There is version 0.14.3 of GCU.

Sorry for my poor english.

Regards

Piotr Sawicki

_______________________________________________
Gchemutils-main mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gchemutils-main
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Drawing polymers

Jean Brefort-2
Le vendredi 13 décembre 2013 à 22:01 +0100, Piotr Sawicki a écrit :
> Greetings!
>
> First of all, thank You Guys for Yours excellent work on GChemPaint.
> In my opinion it is at the moment the best 2D chemical drawing program
> for linux.

Thanks.

> I would like to propose a new feature - an automatic addition of small
> index near to brackets. Such index could indicate a number of mer units
> in polymer. After choosing a bracket option, there may appear a small
> box, where index text may be customized. There may be more than one box
> - for example for upper-left, upper-right, down-left and down-right
> position near to brackets.

Concerning polymers, it is already implemented, just click on one of the
brackets and select "Add stoichiometry" and type the appropriate text
(see attached file for a sample). For the other boxes, I was too lazy to
implement them. I see some uses for the upper-right, but not for the
left boxes. You might develop your ideas in an enhancement request (in
the bugs database).

> And small question - Somebody know why version in debian repo can't
> store anymore new templates? There is version 0.14.3 of GCU.

This is clearly a new bug. I don't use templates very often and was not
aware of that. Looks like a side effect of the gtk+-3.0 port. I'll
manage to fix it as soon as possible and release 0.14.5 since it is a
major loss of functionality.

> Sorry for my poor english.

Mine is not perfect either.

Regards,
Jean


_______________________________________________
Gchemutils-main mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gchemutils-main

polyoxymethylene.gchempaint (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Drawing polymers

Jean Brefort-2
The template issue was actually a stupid typo (see attached patch).
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Jean

Le samedi 14 décembre 2013 à 07:26 +0100, Jean Bréfort a écrit :

> Le vendredi 13 décembre 2013 à 22:01 +0100, Piotr Sawicki a écrit :
> > Greetings!
> >
> > First of all, thank You Guys for Yours excellent work on GChemPaint.
> > In my opinion it is at the moment the best 2D chemical drawing program
> > for linux.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > I would like to propose a new feature - an automatic addition of small
> > index near to brackets. Such index could indicate a number of mer units
> > in polymer. After choosing a bracket option, there may appear a small
> > box, where index text may be customized. There may be more than one box
> > - for example for upper-left, upper-right, down-left and down-right
> > position near to brackets.
>
> Concerning polymers, it is already implemented, just click on one of the
> brackets and select "Add stoichiometry" and type the appropriate text
> (see attached file for a sample). For the other boxes, I was too lazy to
> implement them. I see some uses for the upper-right, but not for the
> left boxes. You might develop your ideas in an enhancement request (in
> the bugs database).
>
> > And small question - Somebody know why version in debian repo can't
> > store anymore new templates? There is version 0.14.3 of GCU.
>
> This is clearly a new bug. I don't use templates very often and was not
> aware of that. Looks like a side effect of the gtk+-3.0 port. I'll
> manage to fix it as soon as possible and release 0.14.5 since it is a
> major loss of functionality.
>
> > Sorry for my poor english.
>
> Mine is not perfect either.
>
> Regards,
> Jean
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gchemutils-main mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gchemutils-main

_______________________________________________
Gchemutils-main mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gchemutils-main

templates.patch (770 bytes) Download Attachment