Duplicity 0.7.13 Released

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hello,

It's been a while.  Thanks to the contributors for all the hard work!

Full details of the release and the tarball can be found at Milestone 0.7.13

The web pages are only partly updated.  savannah.nongnu.org and I are having issues, again.

...Thanks,
...Ken

Re: Duplicity 0.7.13 Released

duplicity-talk mailing list
Ken,

The tarball seems to have a bunch of Apple Double encoded files in it?  When I extract it I find a hidden ._file for every file:

% file duplicity-0.7.13/bin/._duplicity
duplicity-0.7.13/bin/._duplicity: AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file

This doesn’t happen for most tarballs I extract even though it is on a Mac.  Did it get copied from a Mac to an NTFS disk and then tarred?  That copy to a disk format that doesn’t support resource forks usually causes those ._ files.

It has the correct MD5 when downloaded but the "tar -tvof duplicity-0.7.13.tar.gz” shows all those ._ files.

-Scott

On Jun 12, 2017, at 4:38 PM, Kenneth Loafman via Duplicity-talk <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

It's been a while.  Thanks to the contributors for all the hard work!

Full details of the release and the tarball can be found at Milestone 0.7.13

Re: Duplicity 0.7.13 Released

duplicity-talk mailing list
Scott,

Yes, I did use a Mac to build this release, and several before this.  I'm not sure why those files appeared in this tarball but none previous, but I will get it corrected and put out a release without them.  Thanks for the catch!

...Ken