Duplicity 0.8.01 Released

duplicity-talk mailing list
Major fixes here!  You can see the full details of the changes at Milestone 0.8.01, but the two really major changes are:
  • Much better Unicode support
  • Python 2/3 support (Python 2.7, Python 3.6, Python 3.7)
Please file a bug report if you find one.  If you could, also include a suggested patch or merge.

A great deal of thanks goes out to the contributors!  None of this would be possible without their ongoing support.

NOTE:  There are multiple test methods available and their results conflict (all under Ubuntu Bionic).
  1. tox - all pass except python 3.6 fails 4 tests in TestUnicode
  2. Docker/tox - identical to 1.  See testing/infrastructure to build, setup, and teardown
  3. "python3.6 setup.py test" fails to run.  Python 2.7 and 3.7 pass completely.
I'm convinced the errors are caused by the environment and would appreciate any insights.  On 3.6 this python bug causes problems with regex quoting.  Other python bugs may require special handling as in TestGlobToRegex.

...Thanks,
...Ken

Re: Duplicity 0.8.01 Released

duplicity-talk mailing list

Thanks Ken,

On 14/07/2019 21:45, Kenneth Loafman via Duplicity-talk wrote:
Major fixes here!  You can see the full details of the changes at Milestone 0.8.01, but the two really major changes are:
  • Much better Unicode support
  • Python 2/3 support (Python 2.7, Python 3.6, Python 3.7)
Please file a bug report if you find one.  If you could, also include a suggested patch or merge.

duplicity 0.8.01 is now available as a snap in the edge channel:

snap install --edge --classic duplicity

I have only done the barest of testing, so (as this channel implies) at this stage I only recommend it for testing the new release.

If you do test it, please let me know -- particularly if you try it with a backend rather than local files.

Kind regards,

Aaron