Duplicity Dependencies

duplicity-talk mailing list
I maintain the fink package for install duplicity on Mac OS X.  I would like the verify the following with the curren 0.7.13 version of duplicity.  These are dependencies NOT installed with the standard Mac OS X development tools.

1. the py-lockfiles dependency has been replaced by py-fastener

2. The main package depends on python27, librsync, gnupg (version 2??)

3. backends
        ftp depends on lftp
        sftp depends on py-paramiko, pycrytpopp
        various depends boto

4. Also dependency on the following:
        requests-oauthlib-py27
        pexpect-py27

Are these last two required for duplicity or for some of the backends?  Are they still required or has the necessity been dropped.

Thanks,
Scott

Re: Duplicity Dependencies

duplicity-talk mailing list
hey Scott,

backend dependencies are listed pretty accurately in (python 2.6+ is wrong there btw.)
  http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html#sect30

some more dependencies are listed in the README
  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.8-series/view/head:/README

we should probably update both to the same state or decide to keep only basic dependencies in README and basic and backend ones in the manpage at some point.

..ede/duply.net

On 25.06.2017 00:32, Scott Hannahs via Duplicity-talk wrote:

> I maintain the fink package for install duplicity on Mac OS X.  I would like the verify the following with the curren 0.7.13 version of duplicity.  These are dependencies NOT installed with the standard Mac OS X development tools.
>
> 1. the py-lockfiles dependency has been replaced by py-fastener
>
> 2. The main package depends on python27, librsync, gnupg (version 2??)
>
> 3. backends
> ftp depends on lftp
> sftp depends on py-paramiko, pycrytpopp
> various depends boto
>
> 4. Also dependency on the following:
> requests-oauthlib-py27
> pexpect-py27
>
> Are these last two required for duplicity or for some of the backends?  Are they still required or has the necessity been dropped.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Re: Duplicity Dependencies

duplicity-talk mailing list
Thanks, I had looked at the ones in the README.  It sort of gave a short list.  The documentation has the backend info I was interested in.

For the ssh-pexpect backend.   Is this deprecated in favor of the paramiko version?  I assume it can use the built in OpenSSH in Mac OS X.

is either lftp or ncftp deprecated?  Or the differences between them?

I think I have the dependencies for rsync, both SSH and both ftp as well as OneDrive and AWS/GCS all setup.

-Scott

> On Jun 25, 2017, at 5:21 PM, edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hey Scott,
>
> backend dependencies are listed pretty accurately in (python 2.6+ is wrong there btw.)
>  http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html#sect30
>
> some more dependencies are listed in the README
>  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.8-series/view/head:/README
>
> we should probably update both to the same state or decide to keep only basic dependencies in README and basic and backend ones in the manpage at some point.
>
> ..ede/duply.net
>
> On 25.06.2017 00:32, Scott Hannahs via Duplicity-talk wrote:
>> I maintain the fink package for install duplicity on Mac OS X.  I would like the verify the following with the curren 0.7.13 version of duplicity.  These are dependencies NOT installed with the standard Mac OS X development tools.
>>
>> 1. the py-lockfiles dependency has been replaced by py-fastener
>>
>> 2. The main package depends on python27, librsync, gnupg (version 2??)
>>
>> 3. backends
>> ftp depends on lftp
>> sftp depends on py-paramiko, pycrytpopp
>> various depends boto
>>
>> 4. Also dependency on the following:
>> requests-oauthlib-py27
>> pexpect-py27
>>
>> Are these last two required for duplicity or for some of the backends?  Are they still required or has the necessity been dropped.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Scott

Re: Duplicity Dependencies

duplicity-talk mailing list
Scott,

all backends mentioned in the man page are valid and should be working. when there are multiple backends avail one will be the preferred default one eg. sftp:// is an alias for paramiko+sftp://

the man page URL Format section summarizes the alternatives for ftp or ssh backends
  http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html#sect7

generally dependencies used by backends are optional up to the point the backend is called. usually some error message will be given then pointing out what dependency is missing.

..ede/duply.net