Duplicity and Duply PPAs

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi there,

just a question on the duplicity PPA. This seems to be unmaintained for a year now?

If it is not dead, would it be possible to update it and also add latest duply to it?
I just had a Laptop crash and have to get everything out of my backups, hence feel the pain of setting up latest duplicity + duply without PPAs.

Kind regards
  Chris

Re: Duplicity and Duply PPAs

duplicity-talk mailing list
I am going to update those PPA's to 0.8 soon.  For now there are multiple options both stable and daily.  I don't know about the Deja-dup PPA, but my guess is that it should be up-to-date.

* Stable tarball install - https://launchpad.net/duplicity/+download
* Daily duplicity builds - https://launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/+archive/ubuntu/daily-dev-trunk
* Stable snap builds - “sudo snap install duplicity —classic"
* Latest snap builds - “sudo snap install duplicity —classic —edge"
* Latest pip3 builds - “sudo pip3 install duplicity"

NOTE: UNinstall duplicity first if it was installed via the distribution repository.  For Ubuntu that would be "sudo apt-get purge duplicity".