Duplicity archive disk usage analyser

duplicity-talk mailing list
Dear all,

I just noticed that one of my duplicity archive folders is quite a bit
larger than I expected. It occurred to me that it would be extremely
helpful to have something like:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Baobab
(even a text equivalent) to figure out what was taking up the space.

I see two helpful perspectives: backup-set-centric and
file/folder-centric.

I would like to know, for example, whether the unexpectedly large size
is caused by one or two big backup sets or a large file/folder being
included and constantly changing.

Has anybody looked at this at all? Do we currently record enough
information about the contents of archives (and diff size etc) in the
signatures that we could create something like this (I suspect not)?

Kind regards,

Aaron

Re: Duplicity archive disk usage analyser

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi,

I'm working on the new manifest handler, using SQLite, and it would be easy to include the size info in the changed file record.  That should help.

And yes, you should be able to drill down from backupset to folder level.  Perhaps add incremental to that with a comparison between incrementals.

I don't do GUI's, but I'm sure someone here could.

...Ken