Duplicity on Ubuntu

duplicity-talk mailing list

I appear to be getting way worse speeds backing up to S3 on Ubuntu systems then I do with rdiff-backup or Duplicity on CentOS.

The difference is such that the duplicity backups are taking 5+ hours, while rdiff is about 30 minutes. Indeed, ElapsedTime from duplicity is showing as about the 30 minutes too, but all the stuff before it even gets to "Last full backup date" is taking hours.

I noticed there's been a lot of fixes in the change log related to speed and Ubuntu is using 0.7.06.

Is there a schedule to push a later version into Ubuntu main repository? Or, should I just install from tar.

Thanks

Re: Duplicity on Ubuntu

duplicity-talk mailing list

It would be great if this were in the repo.

It looks like those versions are year  or more out of date.

Re: Duplicity on Ubuntu

duplicity-talk mailing list

Also, thanks.

It is much,  much faster.