Eliot in Arabic

Shabbir Nooruddin
Hello there,

My name is Shabbir Nooruddin and I'm a teacher at Al Jamea Tus Saifiyah, an Arabic university based in India. We would like to use Eliot as a classroom activity, I saw that we can compile our own word lists, but can you help with developing a version with Arabic tiles?

I do not have much programming experience but I can send you a table of letters and the point value each letter should have, as well as a word list.

Thank you,

Shabbir

Re: Eliot in Arabic

Olivier Teuliere
Hi Shabbir,

There is no need for programming experience to create a new dictionary: you can use the Dictionary Creation Wizard and follow the steps. It should be relatively straightforward (I hope :)).

If you don't manage to do it, I can create a dictionary for you. Just send me the files you mentioned (in UTF-8 of possible).

Finally, if you wish to translate the Eliot interface into Arabic, let me know and I can tell you how to do that (this doesn't require any programming experience either).

Cheers,
Olivier