Embedded GUI of linphone

Mike Lee-8
hi all
   I just success on using two computer to have video call. it is amazing.

   Actually, i am trying to use linphone on embedded system. Could i
enable video support but disable-glib and disable-gnome? Or does
anyone try any other GUI toolkit? QT, Microwindow?

Thx

Re: Embedded GUI of linphone

javiso
On Tuesday 03 January 2006 12:56, Mike Lee wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to build linphone with video support and I am getting the
following error:

msavencoder.c: In function `ms_AVencoder_set_frame_rate':
msavencoder.c:134: error: structure has no member named `time_base'
msavencoder.c:135: error: structure has no member named `time_base'

Could you please let me know which ffmpeg version are you using ?

Thanks

Javier
I also planned to use it on embedded systems so I'll share my experiences

> hi all
>    I just success on using two computer to have video call. it is amazing.
>
>    Actually, i am trying to use linphone on embedded system. Could i
> enable video support but disable-glib and disable-gnome? Or does
> anyone try any other GUI toolkit? QT, Microwindow?
>
> Thx

Re: Embedded GUI of linphone

Mike Lee-8
You need to use CVS ffmpeg with --enable-shared configuration

> On Tuesday 03 January 2006 12:56, Mike Lee wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build linphone with video support and I am getting the
> following error:
>
> msavencoder.c: In function `ms_AVencoder_set_frame_rate':
> msavencoder.c:134: error: structure has no member named `time_base'
> msavencoder.c:135: error: structure has no member named `time_base'
>
> Could you please let me know which ffmpeg version are you using ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Javier
> I also planned to use it on embedded systems so I'll share my experiences
> > hi all
> >    I just success on using two computer to have video call. it is amazing.
> >
> >    Actually, i am trying to use linphone on embedded system. Could i
> > enable video support but disable-glib and disable-gnome? Or does
> > anyone try any other GUI toolkit? QT, Microwindow?
> >
> > Thx

Re: Embedded GUI of linphone

Simon Morlat
You can run ./configure with --disable-glib --enable-video, but you will still
need SDL to display the video output. However I think it is possible to
cross-compile it for small architectures.

Simon

Le Mardi 3 Janvier 2006 12:56, Mike Lee a écrit :

> hi all
>    I just success on using two computer to have video call. it is amazing.
>
>    Actually, i am trying to use linphone on embedded system. Could i
> enable video support but disable-glib and disable-gnome? Or does
> anyone try any other GUI toolkit? QT, Microwindow?
>
> Thx

Re: Embedded GUI of linphone

Simon Morlat

You need ffmpeg cvs; see at http://ffmpeg.sf.net .

Simon

Le Mardi 3 Janvier 2006 16:05, [hidden email] a écrit :

> On Tuesday 03 January 2006 12:56, Mike Lee wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build linphone with video support and I am getting the
> following error:
>
> msavencoder.c: In function `ms_AVencoder_set_frame_rate':
> msavencoder.c:134: error: structure has no member named `time_base'
> msavencoder.c:135: error: structure has no member named `time_base'
>
> Could you please let me know which ffmpeg version are you using ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Javier
> I also planned to use it on embedded systems so I'll share my experiences
>
> > hi all
> >    I just success on using two computer to have video call. it is
> > amazing.
> >
> >    Actually, i am trying to use linphone on embedded system. Could i
> > enable video support but disable-glib and disable-gnome? Or does
> > anyone try any other GUI toolkit? QT, Microwindow?
> >
> > Thx

Re: Embedded GUI of linphone

javiso
On Tuesday 03 January 2006 12:56, Mike Lee wrote:
Hi,

I have also succeeded doing video calls between 2 computers with linphone.

My question, however, is:

- Can I setup unidirectional video call from linphonec to linphone ?. Is it
possible to configure it to transmit video only in one way?. Could I make any
quick change on the source to do it available ?

- Regarding video parameters on configuration files: Is show_local being
used?. Linphone always shows my video camera regardless of its state.

Regards,

Javier

> hi all
>    I just success on using two computer to have video call. it is amazing.
>
>    Actually, i am trying to use linphone on embedded system. Could i
> enable video support but disable-glib and disable-gnome? Or does
> anyone try any other GUI toolkit? QT, Microwindow?
>
> Thx

Re: [Linphone-developers] Re: Embedded GUI of linphone

Simon Morlat

> - Can I setup unidirectional video call from linphonec to linphone ?. Is it
> possible to configure it to transmit video only in one way?. Could I make
> any quick change on the source to do it available ?

I haven't yet added controls to the config box to enable/disable video
support. However you can uncomment code from coreapi/linphonecore.c, in
video_config_read():
linphone_core_enable_video(lc,TRUE);
linphone_core_enable_video_preview(lc,TRUE);

> - Regarding video parameters on configuration files: Is show_local being
> used?. Linphone always shows my video camera regardless of its state.

Yes I finally plan to remove this show_local toggle. I think it's a setting
that doesn't bring anything interesting. It is always a good idea to have
local view.

Simon